My exp: Hayabusa VS Duc Cafe Racer.

mikev7

Registered
The bikes: 07 hayabusa and 08 ducati cafe racer.
IMG_0728.jpg

Ducati-Sport-1000-S-Cafe-Racer-thumb.jpg

I feel inspired to tell everyone (in a short story) what i learned about a hayabusa from riding a cafe racer. I have always ridden sport bikes or dirt bikes/quads and this was my first time on any other streetbike design. I got to ride one on a duc demo day. There was other bikes but i had to try the cafe racer.

1: I liked the bike. It was wide but upright and very stylish and exotic.
2: It had a smooth balanced ride.
3: In my half hour ride i really got to put the bike through its paces on the city streets. It was a decent ride and always delivered a kick although the rev limiter came in WAY too fast.

Here's where the good part comes in.

When i got back on my busa i was STUNNED at the unrealistic power and performance level of the bike. It felt like a narrow speed bullet that was not satisfied unless it was doing 155+. I have to say that i couldn't ride it and i was over-revving the bike just trying to get going without falling off. For the next 20-30 minutes i couldn't stop telling myself how unbelievably ridiculous and exaggerated for speed the hayabusa felt. It felt like a bullet riding a fine line of balance and death compared to the english/italion cafe racer.

Its not that the duc was a tame bike by any means (I had a little trouble balincing the throttle and the front wheel/ground contact a few times). Its that the hayabusa is a untamable beast that i didn't appreciate or respect till i rode a tame sensible street bike in the form of the duc.

The moral of the story is appreciate and respect the busa for it is a freak of speed and performance!:thumbsup:

Back