The other love of my life is gone

Sannosuke

Registered
My uncle has been bugging me for the last 4 years to buy it and yesterday I finally relented, told him he can have her. So first thing this morning he's ringing my doorbell with a truck and cash ($3000) in hand.

This bike has 37,000 K's, been babied (even gave him the toothbrush I used to clean it!) for the last 13 years. As I was picking her up from the last time I had it at our local Honda dealer (Scona Cycle) the mechanics on duty all came to meet me and marveled at how this was the cleanest, straightest, most well taken care of Magna they'd ever seen... and they see a lot, made me feel proud! Sure am going to miss her!

Once reason I let her go was we're planing on moving to Asia and I have to start purging things I'm not going to use so, it came down to the K8 or the Magna...

Bike hasn't been wiped down for 2 years so it's (yes, I'm ashamed!) a little dirty;

Magna.jpg

MagnaG.jpg

My 1st bike was identical to that one. I only paid $2200 for it back in 84.

My 1st bike was identical to that one. I only paid $2200 for it back in 84.

Up here these bike retain their value. I've seen them listed (and sell for) $2500 with twice as many K's and nowhere near the shape mine was in.

Back then did you have the '84 or the '85?

Up here these bike retain their value. I've seen them listed (and sell for) $2500 with twice as many K's and nowhere near the shape mine was in.

Back then did you have the '84 or the '85?

I think it was an 82

Rode it up & down the block a few times... almost told him no!

And because it stays in the family I'm welcome to ride it whenever I want... mighty white of him to extend that offer to me!

Mighty white of him??? What does that mean?

Mighty white of him??? What does that mean?

These days it's an expression of someone being generous. Back in the old days it took on an entire different meaning but since then we've (or at least I like to hope so!) advanced socially & culturally meaning it no longer has any racial overtones.

For the most part we're pretty relaxed up here and racism really isn't an issue but now realizing that this site is global I can see why it might cause concern so, if the expression "Mighty white" offends I apologize.

These days it's an expression of someone being generous. Back in the old days it took on an entire different meaning but since then we've (or at least I like to hope so!) advanced socially & culturally meaning it no longer has any racial overtones.

For the most part we're pretty relaxed up here and racism really isn't an issue but now realizing that this site is global I can see why it might cause concern so, if the expression "Mighty white" offends I apologize.

It doesn't offend me...! I use it all the time, but I'm black...:whistle:

It doesn't offend me...! I use it all the time, but I'm black...:whistle:

I use it all the time too... but I'm white.
:beerchug:

Seriously, in all the years I've been saying it (I've black, brown & yellow friends), I never had anyone question it. In fact, a few of 'em adopted the saying...

David in its time that was one of my favorite bikes, it was really a looker in its time and still holds up. It would be hard to let go of her after all these years, you took such great care of the Magna....Rick

Back