need chain advice

john32303

Registered
hi all

its that time to get a new chain and sprockets. I have used DID chains on my other bikes and they lasted a long time. They dont have the beast of a motor like my busa so i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. the type of riding that i do is more distance than racing. a price and website would be great.

Thanks again

EK 530 and I would run an o-ring chain. They are less noisey and live longer than an non o-ring chan.
Just my opinion.

Look at an EK ZVM2. I think it will do the job you are after! The EK ZZZ will work but you will save some unneeded $$ with the ZVM2

Prof. is right, I like the ZZZ because of the look, but it is overkill. Unless you're pushing major HP, stock rated chains are fine, but of course everybody will say different. Most chain problems come from improper maintenance, and not the quality of the chain. My .02

Always gone with EK ZZZ from Charles at Street N Track. Need to look at the ZVM2

is street and track one of the sponsors? i looked on the sponsors link and didnt find them. do you have a web site for them?

Look at an EK ZVM2. I think it will do the job you are after! The EK ZZZ will work but you will save some unneeded $$ with the ZVM2

Prof. is right, I like the ZZZ because of the look, but it is overkill. Unless you're pushing major HP, stock rated chains are fine, but of course everybody will say different. Most chain problems come from improper maintenance, and not the quality of the chain. My .02

these are probably your best chains , if you want to stay with the D.I.D.
however get the x ring chain thats what i use and have 16k on mine with no problems, and i beat the holy hell out of mine....

I like the EK ZZZ and the Tsubaki Sigma simply because they do not stretch like the stock chain and if you do the chain maintence on them they last longer :4

EK zzz and street and track will get the exact link you need. no trimming back.
On my 2nd zzz and it's great just for the not having to fuss with the chain adjustment every 600 to 1000 miles

Back