Full Contact Commuting

Would defensive driving include a hand gun in this case? There needed to be some protection from that nut.

i've always wondered how to properly "remove" a mirror while riding.

just doesnt seem save to me? I always feel like ima lose an arm lol.

i've always wondered how to properly "remove" a mirror while riding.

just doesnt seem save to me? I always feel like ima lose an arm lol.

hypothetically speaking, you would want to hit down on the top of the mirror housing as you go by...do not swing your fist or hand into the mirror part itself as you can potentially wind up with a chunk of glass through your glove or seriously injure yourself if the mirror doesn't happen to break off...besides, you want the mirror assembly to fall behind you, not fly forward and end up falling under your wheels

i am not condoning this action or saying that i actually know anything about this, i just don't want to hear about someone getting hurt :whistle:

would want to be careful though if she has power mirrors...with the cable, may not come off so easily.

i have KICKED the side of a car though...lady yapping on her cell phone RIGHT next to me decides for no reason she wants MY spot. didnt even glance left or look in her left hand mirror or she would have seen me as i was 5 ft from her window, even with her door. the kick on the side of the door and subsequent dent got her attention though. :whistle:

since then i have decided to ride OFFENSE-ively in traffic...as in NEVER sit beside ANYONE for more than a second or 2 unless absolutely necessary. i always go about 5mph faster than the other traffic around me, never tail gate, and if someone tails me, i crack the throttle and move to safer grounds.

only once have i had to use the power of the busa to get out of a hairy situation with an ENRAGED driver that for some reason went ballistic when i passed him on the interstate in the right lane and got in front of him with adequate room in the left (he was just sitting in the left lane...really bad problem in WI). guy was driving like the lady in the camry after that trying to RUN ME DOWN...well when the road cleared up let's just say his little mazda 6 apparently cant go north of 150mph (didnt pass anyone going this speed, never do)...then exited and took some nice twisties the rest of the way home.

trust me camry's have power mirrors and its really hard to yank the power cable off.... don't ask how i know but its been tested..and the easy way is to swin back at the mirror not up/down motion...u really need to time it. and not worth it if the driver gos mental u can loose big time...

Personally, when someone gets to be a total azzh0l3 and I just can't get way in front of them, I just let them go by and hang back. If they bang into me, the worst is they go to jail, but I may be bleeding in a ditch with a ruined bike.

She needs to spend a day and night in Jail to think about her driving. Could of had someone killed. I like the mirror thing too. :beerchug:

hypothetically speaking, you would want to hit down on the top of the mirror housing as you go by...do not swing your fist or hand into the mirror part itself as you can potentially wind up with a chunk of glass through your glove or seriously injure yourself if the mirror doesn't happen to break off...besides, you want the mirror assembly to fall behind you, not fly forward and end up falling under your wheels

i am not condoning this action or saying that i actually know anything about this, i just don't want to hear about someone getting hurt :whistle:

You guys and mirror violence :rofl:

I would hate to be that guy going to work in the morning. You know she'll be looking :laugh:

I'm not buying the mirror removal part of the story. Didn't happen, no way. Maybe broke it. Not both pulled off and retained buy the rider's. Total BS. If she was that aggressive and lost one mirror the otherside attempt would have been fatal. Explain how it's possible to pull off a driverside mirror on a bike. Left hand on the throttle while pulling the mirror off?

Back