Moto Magazines

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I thought it would be interesting to ask: How many bike magazines do you subscribe to and which ones? I am obsessive and subscribe to six of em!
Cycle World
Motorcyclist
Rider
Road Rider
Motorcycle Consumer News (my favorite)
Friction Zone (local Cali Newspaper type)

Raydog

(ps and I never leave Borders without buying a European one)

CycleWorld
Road Runner
2 Wheel Tuner
Friction Zone I pick up free at the local shop

:)

I've gotten up to 6 or 7, but couldn't keep up reading them all.

Cut it back to 5 I think. :laugh:

Had to muck it up and subscribe to SuperStreet Bike, and really ought to subscribe to 2 Wheel Tuner too. I sell all the parts in the ads. :laugh: :whistle:

I advertise in Friction Zone too. :thumbsup:

Kent and Tim, I would figure you both for a crop of em!

no subscribe, but i should as many as i buy

Kent and Tim, I would figure you both for a crop of em!

I have to get creative to read them since time is always such a valuable thing. Since my wife is pregnant, I get to make all the meals (all the housework, etc), so I stand over the stove with a spatula makin' dinner for the kids, and a Super StreetBike Mag in the other hand. :laugh: Finish off with eatin' my steak n potatoe dinner while readin' Cycle World.

Problem with mags like SuperStreetBike & 2Wheel Tuner is they have all the bikini girlys in them. My wife hasn't really noticed that yet. :laugh:

Got a new one yesterday called BMW Motorrad. How do these people get my address?

Oh, and don't forget DealerNews too. That one I read cover-to-cover as it deals a lot with the motorcyce industry and find that really interesting.

How many is that? 8? :lol:

zero here. i either read the info online, or get my news elsewhere. at one point though...4 or 5, though they started to pile up as i also read novels...and had too much reading material each month.

Cycle World
Motorcycle Product News

Used to get a lot more, but don't have time to read them all.

I am really hooked on Motorcycle Consumer News, no advertising and really objective testing. To me, most of the other mags test a bike then pass it around to one another the same month.

I have subscribed to MOTORCYCLIST forever and I buy Cycle Canada and Sport Rider at the newstand when they have something interesting inside.

Currently, just MCN, the best one, hands down. Had Cycle World and Motorcyclist, but I find that I'm more interested in content than pictures and I only want to devote so much time to reading instead of riding.

I get four.

I probably would subscribe to one if there was ONE which was 'busa specific.

Motorcycle Consumer News, AMA's Motorcyclist, BMWMOA News, BMW RA OTL, Cycle World and Motorcyclist . I think I am going to cut back not because I don't read them (that's another story unto itself) but because the coverage on the major mags overlaps so much. I one mag tests a ZX-6R then they all test it. You have to sometimes wonder if they all have the same pool of writers and just change their bylines? I think the AMA's Motorcyclist has come a long way in this conversion they have been having. I like the fact that it has been featuring the "everyday guy and Gal" throughout it's pages. That's about it probably not renew a couple when the subscription is up.

Back