How long to get your fix.

How long of a ride to get your fix?

• A hot lap thru town.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • One to three hours.

Votes: 39 45.3%
  • Six hours plus.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Never satisfied, always hungry for more.

Votes: 34 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brandont70

Registered
Just got my first fix of the year with a nice 300mile ride. It feels good to get that out of my system. I got my bike back from the shop cause they still haven't got my rear wheel in yet. (waiting for my 240 kit). Just wondering how long you have to ride to get your fix.

Most of my rides are 1 to 4 hours, sometimes more on a good day trip counting lunch and site seeing breaks. Occasionally less when I just take a quick after work rip over to another town for dinner.
Unless I'm freezing, or it's been a looong hot day on the road, at the end, I'm seldom ever really ready to park it though.

Rode about 180 miles today and i was happy

About the time my rear wheel gets off the driveway I start to feel the buzz and then its about a mile to the freeway and BAMM it hits!!!!!!!
Every day.
Bubba

This is a difficult question to answer. Sometimes it depends on what's been going on through out the day. And then, because of where I live, there are the riding conditions; straight rodes, hardly any twisties. For me, this should be,"Do you feel like you get to ride to your potential and, if not, how satisfying is that?" If I would really get to 'pound out' my need for speed in a way that would leave me 'exhausted and feeling the time was well spent', I think I may reach a greater 'peak of satisfaction' than just taking it out around the city limits a few times. Kinda like, well...you know....:whistle:

Riding back and forth to work for me sucks because it's only about 10 minutes up the road. By the time I start getting into the ride, I'm pulling into the driveway. Plan on doing some longer trips this summer. May take one to the Gap, so hope to see some of you there. I grew up with riding from sun up to sun down, so it takes me a little while to get my fix. Especially if I am riding with some friends that ride like I do.

I try to get my fix as often as I can. I made a promise to myself to ride as much as I can this year!:rulez::thumbsup:

When I invite a few friends on an "Day Ride", it means ALL day. We depart slightly after breakfast, and return after dark. We usually clock 300 to 500 miles.

The last five months have been killing me not riding. Now my brake rotors are toast, and they will not be here for another week. Good thing I have another bike to ride when I can.

:beerchug:

The weather in PA is still up and down, however; I took the bike out for the second time this year last Friday. It was a short, 30 minute ride but I enjoyed every minute. :thumbsup:

BMW5

IMG00008a.jpg

After spending 28 days on a tugboat, I will take the first day off I have, drink a cup of coffee and head out for the day, with no plans to where I go. sometimes taking me the next day to get back home. I have rode 3 to 4 hours away, just to have lunch at a particular restaurant.

I put 1 to 3 hours but I always hate it when Im coming home and pull into the driveway

Even if I can get in only a 45 min ride, it's better than nothing. I'll take what I can get some days. Life gets busy.

Back