Ride to Live

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
These threads seem to pretty common lately but feel the need to share. Ride safely, ride prepared (gear). Guy loans his bike to friend also neighbor to go for a quick spin around the block. Dude tells him to put the helmet on, "Nahh!!! I been riding for years". 4 hrs go by where is he? He passed on the scene just a couple miles away. It may feel better but it's just not worth it think of the family an friends. Riding is dangerous enough but make an effort to survive.

Looks bad but most definitely a survivable impact he actually went over the car an hit his head on the street.:down: R.I.P an godspeed rider.

IMG_0039.jpg

I walked into a convenience store recently with all my gear on. There's a Harley rider at the counter. He snickers and tells me he doesn't wear gear because he likes to feel nature around him when he's riding. Yeah, pal, good luck feeling nature grinding into your face when you land face first on the highway. ???

There's no lid law in Hawaii, I admit that I have done some beach runs wearing shorts and a ball cap but havent done that for years now and wont again.

sad and stupid.

sounds completely survivable with a helmet on

what a stupid waste of life

stupid guy for riding with no lid and just as stupid neighbor who LET him not only ride his busa, but to do so without a helmet...

stupid is actually not nearly a harsh enough term...but can't think of any at the moment that would not be a completely off the charts breaking of the no vulgarity rule...

What a waste ,every time i go out on the bike whether i'm pillon or riding my own bike ,i always wear full leathers ,boots and crash helmet.We are about to hit silly season as people will be heading this way for their hoildays and they have no idea where there going ,they pull out in front of you so you end up down gears and brakin like .... ,so to all of you out there be safe and remember this ,at some point Everyone crashes,some get back on ,some don't ,some can't.

Potential liability issue here.

Can you imagine how it must feel to lose a friend, a neighbor, and your bike - while simultaneously lying awake at night waiting for notification that you are being sued by your friend's wife - who just happens to live next door to you?

Cosign on leting others ryde your bike.let a friend of mine ryde my old blackbird around the block,thought he could ryde because he had an old 600kal.well he was turning around in a court,hit gravel panicked and gunned da gas.he wrecked my bike and broke his leg.cost him $1500 for repaint and repairs and med bills for his broken leg! Lesson learned for him as well as me!

you can get sued when someone wrecks on your bike so its not worth it, the family of this dead dude can sue the guy who let him ride his bike too, so in the end..never let anyone ride your bike

Just got more bad news from his friend he left a 2 month old daughter behind with his wife

smae thing happened to my brothers buddy. took a car head on at 130mph no gear at all. But he survived with to many injuries to list and over a year of rehab.

Shady's Bike 012 (Small).JPG

Shady's Bike 011 (Small).JPG

Shady's Bike 032.jpg

Back