Are we law abiding riders?

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
Being new here, I am curious to know what the consensus is on speeding, law evasion, high speed pursuits, etc. I have never run from a cop, never had to, but I am curious to know how many of you have and how many of you would if the opportunity presented itself.

I seem to have a lot of questions.... :poke:

I always obey the law. Sometimes the Busa gets a little out of hand with them traffic suggestions. :laugh:

I have this "friend" that went about 130mph+ on one and saw the cop going the opposite way and threw on his lights and smoked his tires making the uturn... but he shouldn't of even bothered. Highspeed pursuits around here seldom happen, they don't wanna endanger the rider or any bistanders so they don't chase. But honestly, like stated above, the Busa is gonna do what it wants to do.

I always ride within the law, especially when out riding with my friends!:whistle:

p1050567.jpg

I have this "friend" that went about 130mph+ on one and saw the cop going the opposite way and threw on his lights and smoked his tires making the uturn... but he shouldn't of even bothered. Highspeed pursuits around here seldom happen, they don't wanna endanger the rider or any bistanders so they don't chase. But honestly, like stated above, the Busa is gonna do what it wants to do.
I have the same friend! But this time he was going 170+ (6th gear 10k and climbing) and the cop lit em up ahead of him on a divided highway with a ditch in the middle and the next turn around was half a mile behind him........
My friend figured he was going to jail anyway so stayed right in it...never saw the cop again.
And before you start a lecture on speeding, danger, etc, my friend was on a 3 mile stretch of a divided 4 lane, broad daylite and a ZX12 wanted to play. He HAD 2!

Cannot even imagine trying to run. Your chances of getting killed or harming someone else far exceed you chances of getting away.

I'm 35, my gut tells me that running from the cops would be far too dangerous. But (sorry to borrow from a cereal commercial) the kid in me says go for it. I'm just thinking that once you've exceeded 30+mph over the posted limit, you're going to be in some very deep bleep.

This is why I asked.

I'm 35, my gut tells me that running from the cops would be far too dangerous. But (sorry to borrow from a cereal commercial) the kid in me says go for it. I'm just thinking that once you've exceeded 30+mph over the posted limit, you're going to be in some very deep bleep.

This is why I asked.
I'm 38. My friend is about the same age. I'm not suggesting anybody break the law, I'm just saying what my friend has done.
And as far as getting away, if you don't think you will, you probably won't.
Don't get me wrong, running cost another friend of mine his life in the summer of 07. It can have the most serious of consequences.

But really most of the time you your doing just a few clicks over and the lights start flashing. I would just pull over. Ive been there and had a few other friends been there done that, and most of the time the cop is so glad you just pulled over he will give you a warning.

Back