ERRR..busa might be down for bash

dolilind

Registered
Im really starting to get ticked off now. 2 weekends ago i took my bike to get re-dyno tuned. It blew the RT fork seal on the dyno. So i had both replaced and picked it up last weekend. Went for a short ride and was just checking the bike over ans guess what NOW the LH seal is leaking. ERRR.. And now im out of time to get it fixed, Since i have to work the next 2 saturdays to be able to take off to go to the bash.

Is it pouring out or just a little drippage. You might still be able to ride man.:thumbsup:

Brng it anyhow - I'm sure there'll be guys around willing to help fix a fork seal... If I'm not mistaken, there's already at least one person planning to work a fork seal issue at the bash...

just had mine done, i hope they hold, since they told me one hour labor and then charged me 2.5. I will get it in writing next time i let them do anything for me, i hate dealerships. I complained but they said the ticket was already closed, whatever. I let my sales guy know and he said he would make it up to me. we will see.

Like everyone said, bring it.

Brng it anyhow - I'm sure there'll be guys around willing to help fix a fork seal... If I'm not mistaken, there's already at least one person planning to work a fork seal issue at the bash...

I'm not going to the bash, but i could guarantee that with the people that are, you guys could knock it out in less than 30 minutes. Just remember to bring the supplies. (fork fluid, seal....etc)

If you show up with a leaking seal, bring along your bike stands. I'm sure someone will have tools and I'll be happy to replace your seal. The only special tool required is a LONG 8mm hex socket and you'll need a measuring cup of some sort to measure the 480cc of oil. Pick up those two items along with an oil seal, dust seal and 5wt fork oil. You'll be in business. It's not a big job to replace the seal and you are ready to go!

Don't give up your trip for a little something like an oil seal!

However, issues with that fork if you had the seal replaced recently and it's already leaking? You may want to throw in a piece of really fine emery cloth just in case you have a nick in the lower tube?

See you at the Bash! :beerchug:

Just talked to the local dealer, they will slip me in tuesday before the bash and hopefully it will be done by then. If not i will be bring the Gixxer :(

Back