Watch out for Motorcycles

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administrations (NHTSA) is using this message for the motorcycle safety awareness program 2009.

If anyone is interested I can bring a few to the bash. I have them on the rear of my trailer and the back glass of the pickup.

I have never been one to put any stickers on my vehicles, I am making an exception if it helps make motorists more aware.
Most collisions involving a motorcycle and a 4 wheeled vehicle are caused by the driver violating the motorcyclists right of way.

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

Last edited:
I saw one of those recently in Socal and thought that it was very cool.:thumbsup:
I would and should put one on my wife's truck.
Where do you get them.
Bubba

I may also make an exception to the "no bumper stickers" mentality.

K, this just happened yesterday to me, but SO fitting for this thread.

Was geared up yesterday after changing the oil on Ktulu (my '05 LE), and just coming back in to town after a short 40min ride terrorizing the back roads. Well, not really, was riding pretty safe if you ask me.

In any case, had it right at 27-28 mph. Keep in mind I have low AND high HID lights and the high beam was on...I also have the LED switchback mod with another 80 LED's worth of white light vaulting forward...aka blinding even in the sunlight, which it was.

Silver buick comes up to a stop sign on the left, glances left, then GLANCES my way (nothing registered) then the blonde haired teenage boy pulls RIGHT out in front of me to go the same direction I was headed. Had I been in a cage I would have hit him. I slammed on my brakes and laid on my pathetic little horn and lifted my left hand like "WTF you idiot...LOOK". I then see a town patrol car sitting on the next street up to the right...all of about 75yds up the street from where this occurred and he seen the entire thing.

5 seconds later I see the officer come up behind me, flip his cherries on, and blurp his siren...I gladly moved right over and let him pull over the silver car as I KNEW FOR A FACT he wasn't pulling me over. I was sure to give him a wave as I came by.

Thank you officer.

This weekend I will be picking up a thank you card to send to the town police department thanking the officer and letting him know I really appreciate that officer looking out for bikers, regardless of what they ride.

One thing to remember for those of you who live in a smaller town...I will say anything less than about 25k people. Respect the area around your home. Don't break the law in town. Always be friendly to the town cops, waving whenever you see one, and be a good steward for the sport. Not only do cops appreciate it, they most assuredly are more apt to give you a break if you DO speed a little or do something stupid. In fact, I do that to all county and state boys as well...though I break the law rather often on their roads. :whistle: But remember, most accidents happen within 10 miles of home, and those are the boys are most assured to be there to help you if something God forbid does happen.

;)

I may also make an exception to the "no bumper stickers" mentality.

K, this just happened yesterday to me, but SO fitting for this thread.

Was geared up yesterday after changing the oil on Ktulu (my '05 LE), and just coming back in to town after a short 40min ride terrorizing the back roads. Well, not really, was riding pretty safe if you ask me.

In any case, had it right at 27-28 mph. Keep in mind I have low AND high HID lights and the high beam was on...I also have the LED switchback mod with another 80 LED's worth of white light vaulting forward...aka blinding even in the sunlight, which it was.

Silver buick comes up to a stop sign on the left, glances left, then GLANCES my way (nothing registered) then the blonde haired teenage boy pulls RIGHT out in front of me to go the same direction I was headed. Had I been in a cage I would have hit him. I slammed on my brakes and laid on my pathetic little horn and lifted my left hand like "WTF you idiot...LOOK". I then see a town patrol car sitting on the next street up to the right...all of about 75yds up the street from where this occurred and he seen the entire thing.

5 seconds later I see the officer come up behind me, flip his cherries on, and blurp his siren...I gladly moved right over and let him pull over the silver car as I KNEW FOR A FACT he wasn't pulling me over. I was sure to give him a wave as I came by.

Thank you officer.

This weekend I will be picking up a thank you card to send to the town police department thanking the officer and letting him know I really appreciate that officer looking out for bikers, regardless of what they ride.

One thing to remember for those of you who live in a smaller town...I will say anything less than about 25k people. Respect the area around your home. Don't break the law in town. Always be friendly to the town cops, waving whenever you see one, and be a good steward for the sport. Not only do cops appreciate it, they most assuredly are more apt to give you a break if you DO speed a little or do something stupid. In fact, I do that to all county and state boys as well...though I break the law rather often on their roads. :whistle: But remember, most accidents happen within 10 miles of home, and those are the boys are most assured to be there to help you if something God forbid does happen.

;)

Good story, bro, and you're right VERY fitting for this thread.

I'm tellin' ya...the best people come from Wisconsin... :beerchug:

I have something simular that PA has goiong on. It is a yellow caution sign Like baby on board but saye Watch for Motorcycles with the pic of a bike.I have these on my cars and trailer.

I've only put two bumper stickers on my truck. And each time I take the bumper sticker to the local sign shop and they put it on a strip of magnetic tape. Put the thing on my bumper and no one can even tell it's a magnet.

Back