front wheel install

bobbos21

Registered
I am having a pain with getting the front wheel on my bike. I can get the axel through it but the other side will not go flush with the fork. I can feel it stopping at the rim but will not go flush any suggestions

pic please...

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

Do you mean like the fork is twisted or something and the axel is not aligned with the threads? Did you loosen the two bolts on the bottom of the fork on both sides or only the two on the bottom of the right, or brake side of the fork?

Last edited:
Are you sure you put the axle in the right direction? I almost made this mistake on my first reassembly attempt...also did not push in flush, had to be screwed back in flush....

i didnt take pics i forgot the camera. In relation to mr bogus pics the hext nut is not flush its like half way in the fork and the other side doesnt sit flush it sticks out prolly an inch. Do i put the wheel up there stick the side in, tighten it down and then stick the axel threw or what

well provided you are pushing the axle in from the left side (sitting on bike) loosen up the pinch bolts a bit more and tap the axle in.. if it sounds like it is hitting something solid, you need to do some looking and see what it is hitting..

well provided you are pushing the axle in from the left side (sitting on bike) loosen up the pinch bolts a bit more and tap the axle in.. if it sounds like it is hitting something solid, you need to do some looking and see what it is hitting..

Pushing the axle in from the left side ????.......the threaded sleeve is on the left side babe, as you're sitting on the bike....maybe I'm reading that wrong Randy....just woke up...neverrrrrmind..... :oldcool:

If it was me, I'd wiggle the wheel a little while you're pushing and turning the axle shaft....if the sleeve is turning on the left fork, pinch one of the small bolts a little to get it started, then loosen the pinch, and hold it with your hand while you're screwing the axle in....keep at it, and don't cross thread it, an you'll get it !!!

Don't forget to "settle and pump" the front end before you torque the pinch bolts, and axle to specs..... :super:

Last edited:
Back