Turbo Cost

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Can anyone tell me what the AVERAGE cost of a Turbo is.

I havent even started looking into one yet, Curious as to what the Average cost is before I start dreaming and getting ahead of myself.

When I was pricing them it was around 8000 for a good build. That included motor work and turbo stage 2 kit from RCC and then to have Jonny Cheese build and tune it for me. OH and that included clutch upgrade and a few other little goodies. Nitrous is cheaper by a long shot.

kinda depends on time and what stage you want. you can budget a stage 1 for around 3500.

if your in a rush and want some serious power stage 2's can cost around 5000 or so.

depends on how far you plan to take it.
dump pipe vs. full exhaust
int gate vs. ext gate
water inj vs. air/air intercooler
Mech vs. elec boost controler

then there secondary fuel systems
engine work
trans work
electronics
etc

Can anyone tell me what the AVERAGE cost of a Turbo is.

I havent even started looking into one yet, Curious as to what the Average cost is before I start dreaming and getting ahead of myself.

take out a $10000 loan and start building...

just get out your checkbook michael and order one ill install it for you go with rcc though top notch guy and his customer service is where everyones should be

Budget about $5000 total costs for a stage 1 build. More if you don't plan to do it yourself.

$3500 - Turbo Kit
$1500 - Tune, clutch springs, sprockets/chain, APE studs/nuts, fuel gauge, misc items. (I would recommend these as a minimum required but I am sure its up for debate)

Budget about $5000 total costs for a stage 1 build. More if you don't plan to do it yourself.

$3500 - Turbo Kit
$1500 - Tune, clutch springs, sprockets/chain, APE studs/nuts, fuel gauge, misc items. (I would recommend these as a minimum required but I am sure its up for debate)

you dont need all of that for a stage 1

I pieced mine together for under $2000
and that included a lot of little extras the big name kits don't give you.

If I had it to do again (and I am) I'd do a stage 2 the fmu is not worth messing with.

but what ever you do get, be it home grown, rcc, gsxrtony kit....

It will make you feel like :superman:

You might try finding a used one...even if you have to rebuild it. I have seen some on ebay and other places for 1800-2000.00

RCC stage 1 refurbished-$3300
Tune-$300
PCIII-$200 "used"
make about 225-250HP

thats without having the spacer put in, keep in mind you will be limited in your ability to run WOT for long distance. Nobody has as many kits on the street making the power and having the reliability as RCC. I might have forgot something but I would just say $4500 as your budget with something like this. Also install it yourself its extremely simple just take your time

Stage 2
RCC stage 2- $6200
intercooler-$1000
crower rods-$900
pistons$450
studs $130
back cut tranny $ 500
heavy duty output shaft $380
might wanna use a lockup $400
might wanna use a billet basket $450

could have forgotten something put you can clearly see its going to cost you over 8K or whatever somebody said earlier. A fully built stage 2 setup with motor and labor will usually end up $10K and you will have the ability to make 315 Hp on pump fuel

Back