Lost to a K9 CBR1000 Repsol

tegbusa

Registered
A friend of mine just bought the new Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, totally an amazing bike, very powerful and smooth..handling is top notch.

Anyways, we rolled on one time only from around 75mph in 2nd gear to the end of 3rd gear, he walked away immediately by around 2 bikes lengths. In fact I was getting closer by the end of 3rd gear, but we ran out of space and the race was over. Should I feel bad about it?? I guess not. Since he’s making probably the same power with less weight to push. My busa is totally stock other than the d&d boltons. The repsol has a BMC air filter and Bazzaz fuel management system, something like a PC.

I took a couple of shots with my mobile for you. Sorry to let you down busa brothers. :down:

DSC00007.JPG

DSC00010.JPG

you are to remove "seasoned pilot" from your I.D. until further review regarding your membership to this board.
:laugh:

Hmmm don't count since you have 6 gears. You were right end the Honda's power band.

lol Rev. The new CBR is king of the 1k hill, and that's an impressive hill. Don't feel bad, just mod that thing and don't let it happen again :laugh:.

100 pound weigh difference and same hp. the rider weight factor that you did not mention. 75 miles roll on the sweet spot for liter bikes, that should not surprise you that you got beat.
next time do 0-150 and i bet you he won't win!

That new 1000 is a great bike. It needs the Repsol paint, it is a little to plain for my taste w/ out it.

man dont feel bad the new 1000 are bad azz just as much power as ur bike, lighter, etc... you would have caught him around the top end of 3rd to fourth gear, try it again from a slower roll, and a longer road... Be carefull!!!:thumbsup:

Anyways, we rolled on one time only from around 75mph in 2nd gear to the end of 3rd gear, he walked away immediately by around 2 bikes lengths. In fact I was getting closer by the end of 3rd gear, but we ran out of space and the race was over. :

I dint know they started a new series where bikes got a rollin start to race:whistle:
unless you two just got your MotoGP lic.:whistle:

if your boy wants to really "race"-that requires a few things you were missing:
1)a "race" track
2)racing protective gear
3)a video camera to capture the honda gettin walked by the Busa at any real dragstrip in the USA-presuming of course, riders being equal skill level and weight....good rider's will almost always win, no matter the bike.

why you race from a 75mph roll?

he already has the hp/weight advantage....and you just gave up any advantage you have with the longer wheelbase.

yes you should feel bad, not because you got beat by a liter bike.....but because you gave him the race he needed to win.

from a stop you will spank that thing,

The new RR is a monster. I have ridden one, and put one down the track. I can put better times in with the 1000 by a 10th or so every pass compared to what I can with the Busa. The toughest part is keeping the front wheel on the ground.

From a standing start, I can normally intimidate a win by making a liter bike rider chase me down. Once the green light is lit, they have to resist the wheelie while I rip through the 60 ft.

Last edited:
Yup. Roll ons, roll ons, roll ons, everybody wants to do a roll on. Go from a dead stop like it's supposed to be done and you'll be handing him his wheelieing, squirrely, short wheelbase azz on a platter.:laugh:

With that being said, Gawd I'd love to have a new liter bike.:drool:

Last edited:
you are to remove "seasoned pilot" from your I.D. until further review regarding your membership to this board.
:laugh:
I agree with rev

well whatever you do dont go chasing the new 2009 R1 because its stomps the honda, just give me a call and i will come represent the busa for you, oh and the reason they are getting you isnt so much the power its that they have about 4k more rpms before each shift....it doesnt start to even out untill 4th gear so they are still pullin hard in second while your grabbing 3rd, if you want to make it an even race tell them they have to shift at 9800-10500 rpm's just like you do LOL

oh by the way my best friend has the 09 r1...I catch him in 4th at about 155mph...by the time I hit 185 indicated he is 1/8 mile behind me

Last edited:
This was never planned. We were on our normal friday ride and he came up next to me while cruising and asked me to race him. No bad feeling, the guy is an ex-busa owner and he knows how fast they are..he actually said that he wouldn't had a chance if we kept going.

I agree with rev

well whatever you do dont go chasing the new 2009 R1 because its stomps the honda, just give me a call and i will come represent the busa for you

I actually was thinking about what the new R1 will do to the busa. From my prespective i believe the GII busa would easily beat the honda.

This was never planned. We were on our normal friday ride and he came up next to me while cruising and asked me to race him. No bad feeling, the guy is an ex-busa owner and he knows how fast they are..he actually said that he wouldn't had a chance if we kept going.

Well as long as he knew....

Back