Cooling system solutions??

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
Okay, as listed in various threads, the Busa has cooling issues, especially some of the older ones in hotter weather. I have a 99 right now. Things I am considering: fan mod/having radiator flushed and fins washed out/new radiator/dual fan mod

What do all you guys think? I just want my bike to be able to handle idling in hot temps and stop and go traffic. Right now it gets too warm if it idles in 50 degrees. I have read the threads on all the above mods, and new radiator seems like best route, unless someone here disagrees.

if its overheating in 50 degree weather, theres something wrong with it. check the usual suspects: flush coolant/check water pump, etc....could even be a head gasket issue.

if its overheating in 50 degree weather, theres something wrong with it. check the usual suspects: flush coolant/check water pump, etc....could even be a head gasket issue.

it only does this when idling, when on the road it comes down and keeps its temp fine. I was teaching my buddy to walk it and after maybe 10 minutes of that it started to get warm.

Still not normal. I can have mine idling for a lot longer than that in a lot warmer temps with no overheating issues.

Back