This weekend!

VetteNBusa

Registered
I just order a gallon of 10w40 from my local Amsoil dealer (pickup tomorrow morning), found an Emgo filter --- now I'm ready to do the deed this weekend! :please:

Someone wrote about only taking off the right side (throttle side) fairing.... any other tricks?

It can be done that way. You may need to loosen the bolts on the oil cooler and pull it forward a little, but really is not a big deal to do.

Some have to loosen the oil cooler to get the filter out. I use a puralator filter and was able to play with it and figure a angle to get it out without having to mess with the oil cooler. It's either bring it out the side with the grip coming out first or the motor side first. I can't ever remember. I always try one way and if that don't, I spin it around and out it comes. Hope this helps. Make sure you get all the oil out the filter before you start flipping it around to get it out. Can get a bit messy.

Thanks guys :beerchug:

I didn't know about the oil cooler ---

I'll keep the manual on my desktop for reference as well... :rulez:

This place is awesome!

Check the box the filter comes in. The last emgo filter i used the box said to replace every 1500 miles.
Posted via Mobile Device

for all the headache associated with trying to do an oil change with only one side fiaring off, i just remove them both. ive done it so many times that its not all that time consuming, and saves me the headache of fighting things.

Yeah, don't over tighten the drain plug. As said above, it will strip or even crack the crank case.

Check the box the filter comes in. The last emgo filter i used the box said to replace every 1500 miles.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll look, but the only thing I see on the blue box is the name. At 1st I was like, WTF is this? Then I looked it up on line and found positive info :beerchug: But I'll double check. Thanks for the heads up.

Go for it little buddy, it will make her feel good inside. Like a cool drink of water after mowing the yard in the summer. Like.......I'll shut up now:laugh:

My plans are all shot ---

One of my local Amsoil dealers flaked on me. Last night she said she could get the one gallon size... today she ho-hums and tells me she doesn't have any. I swear I feel like a gotta smack-a-hoe ---

Anyone here local to W. Covina and know where I can get some? I left messages for others, but no call backs. :banghead:

......Someone wrote about only taking off the right side (throttle side) fairing.... any other tricks?

Tin foil "cup" over the top of the headers to keep as much of the oil from the filter from spillin' over on the headers. Amsoil smells real bad burning off the pipes...

Back