Amsoil Report on the SV650

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
Today I got the SV serviced and had them to replace the oil with Amsoil. On my ride home there is a construction zone about 2 miles long through downtown Chattanooga with stop and go traffic. Before today the bike would reach about 220 degrees where the fan would come on until the temp dropped to 200. This would usually repeat a couple of times.

Today the Max temp reached was 203.

When I switched on the Busa at the last oil change I noticed it ran cooler, but cannot tell exactly how much since it has a needle temp indicator instead of a digital read out.

This is why I am switching to Amsoil in all my bikes:)

Yep, part of the oil's job, even in a water cooled motor is to help cooling. Its particularly helpful in my air/oil cooled inline six CBXs, one of which has 94,000miles on it w/o a teardown. I'll probably tour with it this summer.

Good stuff! I'll probably go that way with my next oil change too. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that mess on Hwy 27 everyday. :thumbsup:

Amsoil is all I use in the Busa and it will be going in the 2002 SV650 that I am buying the wife next week as well :beerchug: Don I would recommend that you become a dealer for Amsoil it is only $20 a year but will save you allot of money in the long run

It is really not so bad...I left home at 7:20 this morning and got to RTs at 8:05.

42 miles:)

I'm not sure about the math and all the speed limits, but it sounds like you were looking for a blue light special on your way to R/T. Congrats on avoiding a riding award! :beerchug:

Amsoil is all I use in the Busa and it will be going in the 2002 SV650 that I am buying the wife next week as well :beerchug: Don I would recommend that you become a dealer for Amsoil it is only $20 a year but will save you allot of money in the long run

it would, but can I say ( dealer service) :D Don is well connected with his dealer.

my dad used to sell Amsoil, run it in my Camaro with a big block run 10 to 12 degrees cooler than it did with valvoline 50 weight, and always run it in my dirt bikes at 100:1 and never lost a motor, its good stuff. going to put it in new busa after about 3000 miles. :thumbsup:

"YER HONOR"......I rest my case..... :oldcool:

$20/yr, buy at cost.....what are you waiting for ????......

You've peaked my interest.. what weight and anything else I need to know, the low budget Busa is due for a oil change..

Back