look what came today!!

dsbunton646

Registered
Got here earlier than I thought. Now I may have to install it even though the speedohealer isn't here yet. Can anyone tell me about how far off the speedo will go with this new +2 in the rear. The speed will actually be lower than the speedometer states right? I know it's off from the factory, but just wanted a general idea of about how far it will be out now.

HPIM0417.jpg

That's nice! What other mods do you have? How far the speedo is off is based upon other things than just the rear sprocket. Tire wear, front sprocket, etc.

The Speedo healer is pretty much plug n play and then you calibrate. Not much to it. If you already have the speedohealer coming, then you should not worry as you know your bike has been inaccurate for this long already. A few more days isn't going to kill it. Go ahead and get the sprocket done and when the speedohealer comes in, install it and set it. Why wait?

That's nice! What other mods do you have? How far the speedo is off is based upon other things than just the rear sprocket. Tire wear, front sprocket, etc.

Yeah I know. The tire is new, stock size. The front sprocket is stock. The air pressure is the recommended psi. I was just wondering if it would be off by more than about 10mph at around 80 mph. I know it is going to be a percentage so the faster I go the more it's off. I should wait till the speedohealer gets here, but I can't stand looking at this shiny new sprocket laying on the table. I must install!!:laugh:
Most of my mods are cosmetic stuff up till now. powder coat, ceramic coat, led dash, led light kit, angel eye mod, high/low h.i.d etc..

Got here earlier than I thought. Now I may have to install it even though the speedohealer isn't here yet. Can anyone tell me about how far off the speedo will go with this new +2 in the rear. The speed will actually be lower than the speedometer states right? I know it's off from the factory, but just wanted a general idea of about how far it will be out now.
If your speedo reads correctly now (yeah, that's a big IF), it will be off by the ratio of the old sprocket to the new sprocket.

So, for a stock Gen I with a 40 tooth rear, that works out to

40 stock / 42 rear = 0.952

In percentage, that's about 5% off, so you will actually be going 5% slower than your speedo reads.
** At 100 mph indicated on your speedo, you will actually be going 95 mph.
** At 50 mph indicated, you will actually be going 47.5 mph.

In other words, at most legal speeds, don't worry about it, or just figure your real speed is 2 or 3 mph slower than your speedo reads.

If your speedo reads correctly now (yeah, that's a big IF), it will be off by the ratio of the old sprocket to the new sprocket.

So, for a stock Gen I with a 40 tooth rear, that works out to

40 stock / 42 rear = 0.952

In percentage, that's about 5% off, so you will actually be going 5% slower than your speedo reads.
** At 100 mph indicated on your speedo, you will actually be going 95 mph.
** At 50 mph indicated, you will actually be going 47.5 mph.

In other words, at most legal speeds, don't worry about it, or just figure your real speed is 2 or 3 mph slower than your speedo reads.

Thanks a bunch. That's what I was wondering. By the way, I couldn't stand it so the new Superspox is on. I just finished her up. Looks real good with the touch of gold on the two bros and the sprocket, except for those damn scratches i put on the rear wheel with the brake caliber:banghead:
Anybody know what black automotive touch up paint is closest to rear wheel color? There small but I notice them.

what is that thing? and what's that snake-like thing with all the pins in it that wraps around it?

:)

I love my shaft drive!!!

Back