Hayabusa Swingarm extentions

arys12

Registered
I have a 2002 busa and I dont know whether i want to get a extended swingarm or if i want to get the extentions and put them on it. Can someone post some pics of a couple of busas with extentions on them. Thanks

These are photos of my '07 when I had 4-6" extensions on. They were a breeze to put on. I would recommend going with a extended swingarm instead though.

100_1038.jpg

100_1041.jpg

:welcome: to the ORG. One thing you should keep in mind...when you extend, you will likely want to lower the bike in the front and rear. When you extend, you change the way the bike handles (lowering also does). Your cornering will likely not be as sharp as it would be if left stock.

I boxing up my swing arm now so I can send it to Spencer Cycle to have it extended 0-6ins. Can't wait to see it.:thumbsup::cheerleader:

These are photos of my '07 when I had 4-6" extensions on. They were a breeze to put on. I would recommend going with a extended swingarm instead though.

can you tell me why? i like i can change it back to normal easily...

and :welcome:

oh and i always have time to post pics of my girl....

SANY0276.jpg

SANY0280.jpg

Bolt ins are a good option untill you figure out if you like them or not. Then if you decide to leave it stretched you can get them welded. I had mine stretched 6"but decided to take them back out when i figured out i like cornering better than the look.

Thank you! I have a good idea of what i am going to do! Very nice bikes by the way! VERY NICE:thumbsup: But keep sending some pics i love it

Will a 0-6" or even a 0-4" Spencer arm allow you to return to stock length?
???
ty
Yes, I will be able to go from stock to 6in. over. You'll have to have shorter and longer chains if you change your settings. I'm going to be at about 4 over 63.5.

I have been thinking ov doing extensions. I know i need a longer chain but do i need a longer brake line also?

Don't buy Cheap EBay ones! Inferior metals with the brute power of a Busa can be dangerous.

member by the name/i.d. of "gixx1300r" on the board makes a real strong set.

extended swingarms look better than extensions. JMO. However, if you go the extension route, Allthingschrome makes some nice looking ones.

You know, we mountain twisty and track riders need to realize that there is more than one path to take when modifying their Busas. I used to say things like, "why would you do that?" The fact is, extended Busas look good, some areas of our country don't have the mountain environment, some people like to "do the stretch cruise" in urban environments, on and on....it's all good! I have a 0-6" arm for drag racing, comfy touring and LSR. It pretty much stays at 0" extended but so what? Whatever one likes!
The one thing I would say is GENERALLY SPEAKING, an extended arm (or welded in extensions) in engineering terms...is much perferred over bolt ons. The farther out the arm extends, the more you are asking of the end pieces AND the chain.
Respectfully, Raydog

P1010087.JPG

P1010332.JPG

P1010339.JPG

You know, we mountain twisty and track riders need to realize that there is more than one path to take when modifying their Busas. I used to say things like, "why would you do that?" The fact is, extended Busas look good, some areas of our country don't have the mountain environment, some people like to "do the stretch cruise" in urban environments, on and on....it's all good! I have a 0-6" arm for drag racing, comfy touring and LSR. It pretty much stays at 0" extended but so what? Whatever one likes!
The one thing I would say is GENERALLY SPEAKING, an extended arm (or welded in extensions) in engineering terms...is much perferred over bolt ons. The farther out the arm extends, the more you are asking of the end pieces AND the chain.
Respectfully, Raydog

Very True, that looks nice i want to weld mine on, did you do that yourself? I have the bolt on's and i agree if you could get an extended swingarm, do that, the bolt ons are a cheap way out, consider getting them welded, but make sure the person doing it knows what they are doing, or you take a chance of the weld breaking and looking like CRAP!!!! Nice job RAYDOG:bowdown::thumbsup:

Back