Heartrate Increase ..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Took a half day of vacation and went riding today. Down on a back country 2 lane (one of my next video roads) that is the usual Missouri "Chip 'n Seal". Came around one of the early rights and went across a place where the "Seal" had oozed up through the "Chip", front slide a few inches, rear stepped waay out, caught and kicked my azz up off the seat hard enough to wiggle me off into the other lane (no one coming, whew!). 30mph marked, I was going a little over 70, closest to a high side I've ever been. Cool pavement (60 degrees maybe), Michelins getting a little worn maybe, got my attention:shocked:.
Was a good ride, but a little short on confidense after that. Ah well, all's well that ends well.
Sure be glad when it warms up. At least then, when I foobar, I'll have a video.:laugh:

That's a relief.

Looking forward to your next video, Tom! :beerchug:

glad your ok. you should feel good about not getting hurt and trashin your bike. if you can come close to a crash and learn thats a trillion times better than crashin and learning. i've come way to close several times and i remember everyone of them.

Yeah, that chip seal is some nasty stuff. Not bike friendly at all. Glad you're ok! :beerchug:

Glad you are okay,
Sounds like the conditions where a little deceiving.
Ride safe.
Bubba

I lost you here, bud

I'm glad you're ok, though.

I lived north of Chicago in McHenry Ill. for a couple of years, and was in Schaumburg in March 2008 on business. You have neither "Chip 'n Seal" or 30mph rights, and your missing a great experience. Come down to Eureka in June, we'll let you in on the fun.:thumbsup::laugh:

I lived north of Chicago in McHenry Ill. for a couple of years, and was in Schaumburg in March 2008 on business. You have neither "Chip 'n Seal" or 30mph rights, and your missing a great experience. Come down to Eureka in June, we'll let you in on the fun.:thumbsup::laugh:

Glad you are okay Tom. Sounds like a close one. I had a business in Richmond, Ill, for a few years. We headed north to Wisconsin for good curvy roads. Had a Vmax then so took it a little slower on the curves.

Wow, that wakes you up doesn't it?! Actually you did "high side" when you lost then regained traction....good save!

congrats on the save, man i hate are chip and seal roads here in Arkansas, especially after they are first done. they always seem slicker than good ole blacktop anyway.

Back