May trade my 06LE for 09 White/Silver

CTA_Busa_LE

Donating Member
Registered
I just got home from the dealership. I had no sooner got in the door from work when the phone rang. My dealer just got in their first 09 Busas. Of course the first one they uncrate was the white/silver with blue one. I had only seen pictures of them until just a short while ago. The bike is gorgeous, pictures don't do it justice.

Now I have two questions. First for those of you that have gone from a gen I to a gen II. Any regrets in making the upgrade? I really love my 06 and would have to trade it to make things work so I would be parting with something that I have a serious attachment to.

Second question is on pricing. My 06 has just hit 6200 miles. It is always garaged and maintained extremely well. I am a clean freak with it and it's seldom ever seen dirty, yeah I'm very particular with it. They shot me a price of 6200 difference on trade. That includes, tax title, license, everything. That's out the door. Does this sound in line or should I try to work them for a little more?

I still have a payoff on my 06 as I just bought it last year, so I would have to add that back to the difference and my balance and I would be financing more than I did on my 06, however the interest rates are much, much better now than they were when I bought my 06, if all goes well should be around 3.95% (fixed rate, not a teaser) so my monthly payment would only increase a few dollars.

Is it worth it or should I work harder to pay off my 06 and look to just buy an 09 or possibly a 10 without having to trade?

1. The upgrade is worth it.
2. Unlikely there'll be a white one for '10, so ? if you want it, I say go for it.

For as similar as the Gen1/2s are, they're strikingly different. Good luck!!!

I love my 08 and wouldnt trade it for the world, I got mine by way of a accident! If the money is right go for it! You want regret it!

Thanks Scar, was hoping you would answer up as I know you've got both and I trust your opinions :beerchug:

2nd gen. worth it, owned 3 1st gen and i like my 08 better.
total price seems to be reasonable. obviousley you don't pay alot of tax because of trade but i would ask them to break it down and find out how much they give you for trade,selling price for new bike and all hidden fees! this way see if you are getting the correct numbers for each.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I think you need to trade me up your skins before you trade it in and I'll throw a payment towards your new one to boot.
:laugh:
Like you, I'm very particular to dirt of ANY kind.

But in all honesty, the 09 is tight - don't really care for the blue accents. Seen one at my local stealership and I was affraid to sit on her.

Good luck with your decision; definately a hard one to make.

Last edited:
I think you need to trade me up your skins before you trade it in and I'll throw a payment towards your new one to boot.
Like you, I'm very partcial to dirt of ANY kind.

But in all honesty, the 09 is tight - don't really care for the blue accents. Seen one at my local stealership and I was affraid to sit on her.

Good luck with your decision; definately a hard one to make.

Yeah got less than 200 miles on new Bridgestone BT016. Seems I traded my last bike right after new rubber, could be a developing trend just need to learn to trade before I replace and not after. :whistle:

Got less than 100 miles on my new set of tires... Less than 6000 on the bike; always garage kept (climate controled throughout seasons)
Going to the bash?....lol Think we would have plenty of hands on deck to Get'R'done!!

I own a `07 and my dad just bought a `09 white/silver. I must say, although there are many similarities between the gen I and the gen II, the gen II is a better bike all around. It would be worth the upgrade in my opinion! If you feel financially you can do it, go for it, I seriously doubt you would regret it!

As far as trade in value, check kelley blue book. You would get more if you just sell it yourself.

Go for it! I would say 6000 would be a fair trade at a dealer. You could probably sell yours for a little more, but then the white 09 Busa may be gone by then. One thing you should remember. Suzuki has cut production by 20% this year. Hayabusas are going to be more scarce than in the past. Now with that said, with the economy the way it is, there will be less buying too. Go get it!

Did some checking this morning, insurance would go up a total of $2.43 per month. Not bad considering I only pay $32.87 per month now.

Talked to dealer this morning and he says my bike is worth same to him stock so I can take a few mods off to sell for a few extra $$ to sweetin the deal even more.

As it stands now my payoff on my 06 was a little higher than I first thought, selling of the mods would cover most of that and he's going to look at the deal and see if he can cover the rest. If that comes together it's just a matter of getting the right interest rate on the 09. The figures I am shooting for would raise payment appx $21 per month and would extend my term 9 months.

I'm thinking it is worth that to have a gen II that is 3 years newer, knowing it is brand new and I know how it has been treated and of course having a factory warranty for awhile also isn't a bad thing.

Of course if anyone would like to make a donation to the "help Curt get an 09" fund I wouldn't complain about that either. :laugh:

The only other factor is with Angie, my wife. She wasn't real keen on the idea and has set some guidelines on what I'm allowed to do. I suppose it's much better than a flat out NO!

Buy IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH SAID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

three%20orange%20bikes%20002.jpg

Looking like I'm going to put it on the back burner for awhile. Dealer called yesterday and they no longer have the 3.95% deal. He did get a little better on the price, now giving me an offer of $5700 difference out the door. Problem is to get the payment where my wife will go for it I'll have to fork out $2,000 down payment and that was if they still had the 3.95% still going on.

So it's not going to happen right now but I'm going to shoot for a little later in the year and look at it again.

Wow... :( Sorry to hear this news, but it'll taste that much sweeter when you CAN make it happen...the right way.

You still have the world's best bike, bro...don't be too sad. Not to mention, you're in the world's best family. :beerchug:

Back