Cycle World gives nod to ABS..

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
No haters please:

Honda has made available ABS on the 600/1000RR' bikes..

It took Don Canet 4 attempts to "match" the stopping ability of the system..

no pulse, bucking or suspension upsets... $1000 and 25lbs added to the bike

I saw a review of these in Cycle World (I think) and they look impressive on paper. Front wheel lock ups cause a lot of the dropped bikes in my Basic Rider Course.

Doh! Helps to read the full subject. :banghead:

Anyhow they still look impressive.

Last edited:
I saw a review of these in Cycle World (I think) and they look impressive on paper. Front wheel lock ups cause a lot of the dropped bikes in my Basic Rider Course.

Doh! Helps to read the full subject. :banghead:

Anyhow they still look impressive.
yep, every time the ABS thing comes up there are "expert" riders that can out stop, out perform and are quicker at stopping...

I watched the BMW demo... pretty amazing technology on the bikes now..

Nice technology.....just many people are affraid of it due to the early beginings when it wasn't all sorted out like now!! Faster prosessor rates and solenoids!

Sports Rider (ABS on a CBR600R) said it's great for two things. One is the beginner or less experienced rider. And two, for on the street riding. Track days, they would rather have a Non-ABS bike because of faster stops and better control at HIGH SPEED APS !

I'am just glad someone (HONDA :beerchug:) has an ABS system that disconnects if the bike's engine is off, or your doing less than 3 mph. This allows you to push the bike while the engine is off or just idling. Why, well because the BMW ABS system gave you NO BRAKES if the engine was Off. Many a person had their bike go down because they couldn't stop it on an incline after getting off and pushing the bike into a parking area ! Definitly NOT GOOD on a $21,000 K1200 LT !

Sports Rider (ABS on a CBR600R) said it's great for two things. One is the beginner or less experienced rider. And two, for on the street riding. Track days, they would rather have a Non-ABS bike because of faster stops and better control at HIGH SPEED APS !

I'am just glad someone (HONDA :beerchug:) has an ABS system that disconnects if the bike's engine is off, or your doing less than 3 mph. This allows you to push the bike while the engine is off or just idling. Why, well because the BMW ABS system gave you NO BRAKES if the engine was Off. Many a person had their bike go down because they couldn't stop it on an incline after getting off and pushing the bike into a parking area ! Definitly NOT GOOD on a $21,000 K1200 LT !
that would be a bad deal.. the guys I met from MI state troopers did not say anything about that.. (all 4 had ABS on the bikes and traction control)

yep, every time the ABS thing comes up there are "expert" riders that can out stop, out perform and are quicker at stopping...

I watched the BMW demo... pretty amazing technology on the bikes now..

ABS will ALWAYS take longer to stop than non ABS in the hands of a serious professional that really knows what he's doing, but in the hands of the average rider, it will help tremendously by keeping a non-practiced, non-prepared for panic stop from becoming a really bad day. Those of us that practice panic stops and know how to keep them under control are few and far between in the world of motorcycling. The only time the average squid practices a panic stop is when some idiot pulls out in front of them and their forced to "practice" a panic stop.

Back