How aggressive do you drive your Busa?

How aggressive are you? (You may choose more than one)

• Total voters

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
I was riding to work yesterday following a respectable distance from the car ahead of me when all of a sudden this idiot on a Harley roars up behind me and cuts in front of me, shortening my comfort zone by half. Aside from the obvious disrespect, I looked at this guy tailgating cars left and right and thought to myself, "how has this guy survived more than a day?"

I realize there are probably some young riders here, which lends itself to a bit more risk taking, but I'm curious to know where you would rate yourself in terms of risk taking and aggressiveness.

Iv had too many close calls at high speeds. Long time ago I rear ended a pick-up on the highway (rush hour) going 65pmh when he pulled a dead stop. Thank god I was wearing full gear that day but still broke my right ankle. I have rules now - never ride in rush hour or at night. If I have to, I dont mess around at those times. And I always leave a 2-4 second gap from the car in front of me all the time.

And remember even when your being careful, there are others out there that arnt. Ride safe and always wear your gear.

The HD dude is simply lucky, using intimidation as a tool.......he'll get his, I'm afraid to say. Then he'll blame the brake-locker for causing him to be in the hospital for a month in traction....unless a semi gets him after he hits the pavement....

In general I ride with a good margin for safety. As an MSF Rider Coach I have to maintain a degree of professionalism in order to maintain my certification. I also have a great girl and kids that I enjoy going home to, so that factors pretty heavily in the way I ride. I also like twisties more than going fast in a straight line, so what some call crazy I call fun. :beerchug:

Im a 65-75mph guy, unless everything is right. Very low cross wind, dry not sandy roads,
I know the roads, always wear my gear, dont taligate,Try not to ride at night or in heavy traffic. If everything is right...Im good for 185+ easy. Ride safe 1st, then fast later I say.
:beerchug:

I tend to be quick through traffic but after a couple of close calls I give myself plenty of room. In Phoenix, I have had sportbikes ride through my lane like I wasn't even there and too many HDs to count, cut me off riding recklessly. I am sure they think it was cool but I think not. I am also a MSF Rider Coach and have to ride with integrity.

I ride safe but every now and then i like to open her up, i ride a good distence from other cars, and i like riding with only one or two people not a big group. i like back roads the most where theres not allot of traffic and thats usally where i tend to play a little more... and then theres the track those are where i have my moments...

I like to be away from them morons on the street. I have to much responsibility to act stupid. Don't get me wrong, I like to twist the wrist and feel her power once in a while, but, there is no one else around me for a ways.

funny taht you posted this thread! Coincidentally this last Saturday I had a guy about 35 years of age, pull up on a gixxer 1000 trying to taunt me into a race or something. He kept on popping short wheelies only 1 to 2 car space between him (it was stop and go traffic waiting to pass a light) and the car in front and swimming through what was pretty dense traffic like an idiot. He seemed like a friendly guy as we nodded to each other and eventually spoke for a minute at a light. I took a passive tone and simply complimented his bike. He did the same and I kept the other thoughts to myself. However, he rides like an A-- hole and I don't know how he is still riding and walking in one peice the way he rides in heavy stop and go traffic.

I was riding to work yesterday following a respectable distance from the car ahead of me when all of a sudden this idiot on a Harley roars up behind me and cuts in front of me, shortening my comfort zone by half. Aside from the obvious disrespect, I looked at this guy tailgating cars left and right and thought to myself, "how has this guy survived more than a day?"

I realize there are probably some young riders here, which lends itself to a bit more risk taking, but I'm curious to know where you would rate yourself in terms of risk taking and aggressiveness.

We get those all the time here in Miami. I even have freakin car drivers that think that just becuase my bike doesn't take the whole lane, they think they can stop at a light and even continue to drive their vehicle right next to me in the same lane!!! Can you beleive that?!? WTF is wrong with these people?

I stay in the hammer lane on the HW,not to go fast but because its the only lane that consistanly moves and the shoulder is just to the left if I need the room to stop,if in the middle lane I feel too much can happen with no where to go.I avoid rush hr traffic,sunday aftrnoons(nothing truer then the saying "sunday driver"..blue haired ladies out there trying to kill you).I try to keep withing 65-75mph,sometimes you just have to open her up though when conditions are right,,,full gear always,I prefer to ride alone also,plus I have a wife and 5 kids that probably would like to know me a little longer

I drive like a maniac if alone or with someone else that likes to drive aggressive. In a group, I tone it down or riding 2 up...

I ride like a pansy most of the time. :D

However, being a cop in a small community, I tend to be even more conservative just because of the eyes everywhere. I occasionally let loose a bit when I get farther away from home. :whistle:

I take easy the tax collector are everywhere just waiting and they are pricy here in Orlando. I want to keep my money in my pockets

We get those all the time here in Miami. I even have freakin car drivers that think that just becuase my bike doesn't take the whole lane, they think they can stop at a light and even continue to drive their vehicle right next to me in the same lane!!! Can you beleive that?!? WTF is wrong with these people?

Same here in Orlando.............................Idiots!

I've been to Orlando many of times and they drive pretty aggressive on the highway...

I learned my lesson the hard way in an accident that wasn't my fault but could have prevented . That accident
Caused me to have to get out of the military after 14 long years.
Everyone thinks I'm crazy when I tell them that I don't really speed
When they finds out what kinda bike that I have, but they don't know
The whole story.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back