Was it love at first site ?

SnowBeltChamp

Registered
I remember the day as it was yesterday... walking out of High School angry at the world... and there it was the most beautiful bike I have ever seen sitting at a red light purring a low rumble love song to my ears...Then it was gone in mere seconds stealing my heart away ! I can honestly say it was love at first site for me....

What about you? Did it take time to grow on you? Did you just get it for the power alone? Do you still smile every time you see it parked in your driveway / garage ? Lets hear some stories for I do not own one yet and would love to live through your joy lol !

l_e57a554f379f4b67a72ef7cb2d7841ed.jpg

Sight not site sorry lol its 5am with no sleep yet forgive me !

Last edited:
I knew the first time I saw Trinity, we were meant for each other.

Actually yes it was..... I didn't even own a bike or really had intentions of getting one. I took my buddy to a MC dealership to pick up his Katana and I saw an 01 blue and silver and thought it was the prettiest thing I have ever seen. I sat on it (first bike I ever sat on) and determined right then and there that someday I would ride one of these amazing machines. I bought my first used bike the next week and starting learning everything I could to get "capable enough" to get a busa. Rode that for 3 years then got a 750 katana and rode that for 2 years then got my Busa and it has been a love affair ever since. I must admit now that I probably still wasn't ready to get the Busa when I did. But I couldn't pass up the deal and I couldn't wait any longer. :beerchug:

I'm sorry to say that I was not taken immediately. I had this concept of what a sport bike shuld look like in my head and the Busa just looked odd to me. It wasn't until I really started researching bikes that I became enamored with the machine.

I confess, by first comment about the Busa was "it looks like a giant moped." I didn't care for the rear end, still would prefer something a bit more stylish, but hell, it's like a fine looking woman with some junk in the trunk....it's still fun as hell to ride. :laugh:

I knew what they were but never looked into them. When we went to buy cindy's triumph 675 at a dealer for salvage bike's we were going to get something for me. I saw the wrecked 04 blue and silver sitting there looking sad and needing a good home. I could not let it sit there anymore not being loved.And that's when the love affair started.Speed, power, handeling, how can you go wrong.

Never really looked at them at first until I got my other bike. 95 750 ninja built up pretty good. Other sports bikes would always be in my mirrors. Until one day I ran up on a Busa. He slowly twisted the throttle and was gone. I knew at that moment I had to have one. 5 years later, the mistress is sitting in the driveway and yes, I get a smile on my face everytime I see her sitting there.

Been wanting to ask this question myself.

When the Busa first came out, I was interested in its performance, but thought it was ugly, really ugly, just plain strange. But over the years my reaction to it softened and the pull of the performance kept nagging at me until I finally rode one.

Now I love the look, even the strange beak and the fat rear end. It figures that I would buy the last year Gen I. I think she's beautiful.

My step dad brought her home and i fell in love with her, it took three years to convince him to sell her to me and everytime i walk in to the garage i grin ear to ear knowing she is all mine....

i was a kid when i thought those guys hangin' in the park were so kool with chics on their laps and all their bikes lined up...

step dad sold me his MINT 1966 honda 500 0r 600 with only 600 original miles on it in around 1980'sumthin' [long time ago]. first time i rode that thing i forgot about looking kool and fell in love with riding.

few years back i was looking for a bike, checked out the 1000's but they felt small for my 6'2 230lbs frame. the 14 was out and sat on that, but when i sat on the buss she whispered welcome home daddy.
:thumbsup:

I remember the day as it was yesterday... walking out of High School angry at the world... and there it was the most beautiful bike I have ever seen sitting at a red light purring a low rumble love song to my ears...Then it was gone in mere seconds stealing my heart away ! I can honestly say it was love at first site for me....

What about you? Did it take time to grow on you? Did you just get it for the power alone? Do you still smile every time you see it parked in your driveway / garage ? Lets hear some stories for I do not own one yet and would love to live through your joy lol !

l_e57a554f379f4b67a72ef7cb2d7841ed.jpg

Sight not site sorry lol its 5am with no sleep yet forgive me !

:welcome: to the .ORG Sam. Mine was love at first sight and still like a beautiful woman, I turn and look at it as I walk away. She gets me hot!:thumbsup:

Well when I first saw a was in Puerto Rico in 1999 and it was love at first sight too. but at the time I wasn't planning on buying a bike. the when a move Florida O got my first bike and is wasn't a sport bike it was Honda Shadow ACE VT750 and when I walk out of there I didn't have an idea why a got a cruiser, 6 years later I come across the love of my live againg and I couldn't let it pass sold the Shadow and my wife got the busa "Taina" for my birth and sense that day it has been the best thing of my life. I still look at her and I smile like the first day a saw her. :cheerleader:

Well, I was looking for a Hayabusa a few months ago. Was getting ready to go buy one at a dealer a couple hundred miles away when I found one local on craigslist. I went up there and when I walked in the garage this 2005 Hayabusa was glistening and looked like showroom new. It had only 2300 miles and was well taken care of by a guy in his mid 50's who had a type A personality...everything was perfect. I fell in love at that point. It was raining, so I made the deal but didnt want to ride it home in the rain. I came back the next day and got it. Now she sits on black carpet in my garage on a pit bull stand. I named her, but for reasons I wont disclose here.:love:

Growing up I was always bigger than the average joe. I am tall 6'4. Allof my friends were always wooing over the smaller more race oriented bikes, while I liked the bigger bikes like the GSXR1100. It fit me. Still I always felt I was on the outside looking in with that crowd. I couldn't ride what everyone else was riding. Due to little to no credit at the time and just not making enough money I couldn't get a bike then.
I stayed with my streetcars till in 1999 I saw my first Busa. Copper/Silver 99'. I was into dirtbikes at the time and I happened to catch a glance of her across the showroom.
Soo different, so odd with it's stacked headlamps, so streamlined. That bike set the standard for bikes to come. The more people didn't like it, the more I did. I knew it wasn't gonna be a 1 or 2 year bike model fluke. The Busa was a bike that fit me AND would clean up on all the other bikes my friends were riding. I vowed to myself to own a Busa one day. In 2004 I did.
If someone told me I'd own a turbo'd Busa back in 99', I would've laughed at them and said "Why the hell do you need a TURBO on a Busa?!"

Last edited:
1st time i ever saw a Busa it was when I saw our very own Purple pulling out of the parking lot at Walmart during a bike gathering in 04. This was before I knew her or about this board, amazing coincidence. Any way, I thought, wow, hot chick!!, then I thought, wow thats a bad azz looking scoot, I want one! Ended up trading my 05 sportster on a new red 05 busa later that year. Thanks Purple, you influenced me!

92870-hot-busa-babe-bash-2008-y.jpg

I got to that point in my life, had some crazy shid going on, long story, sorry won't share. Started looking at fast vehicles. Had pretty well decided to go with Livernois Motorsports Mustang. For some reason I decided to be a little tight fisted and started looking into bikes and found the same performance at a sixth of the cost. My '06 was just being brought out on the floor of the dealership and my oldest that didn't live with me convinced me over lunch to do something for me and I did. Went back and bought it. Dayumed salesman didn't want to let me ride it home. Hadn't ridden a bike in 30 years.

DSC00906.jpg

Well, my story is a little different version of a love story than some of yours. I'm a sucker for projects and can't stand to see suffering. I grew up playing with dirt toys but have always loved riding and it didn't really matter what medium it was on. I was in the market for a road bike and had shopped around and ridden several different bikes. Nothing had really grabbed my attention yet but I kept looking. I took a friend of mine to lunch for her bday one day and my search came up in our conversation. She acted surprised and said her ex-husband bought a streetbike when they split but she couldn't pronounce the name of it but said we should go take a look since he never rode anymore and would probably sell his bike. She confirmed it was the acclaimed Hayabusa upon calling him and off we went to check it out.

Upon entering the garage and meeting the lonely girl I had a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach. She had been sitting in his garage neglected for the past couple of years. He didn't ride anymore and he just couldn't realize the pain and suffering he'd caused her out of neglect.

I got her out of the garage of repression and took her on a spin to get to know her a little bit. Upon taking her for a spin and releasing years of pent up "performance" I knew I was gonner; Silvia had my heart. I proud to say Silvia is in a loving home and is as happy as can be. :cheerleader:

Last edited:
I always said that I would never own one.....then I rode my friends and bought mine the next week :laugh:

Hayabusa owners are such a different breed of bikers... these stories have only made me want one even more... most of my friends with bikes leave them out in the rain or Ive even seen a few sitting out in the snow... one of the most amazing things I have ever seen and to the day I wish I would of taken a picture is when I went over a girlfriends uncles house and he had a custom made "dog house" with carpet inside his garage made just to house his Busa... thanks for all these wonderful stories!:clap::clap::clap:

Back