Is this True?

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
I was told that Busa's have a balancer on the crank that can be removed and free up some extra ponies to the rear wheel. If so, what do i need to do?

^^Not remove jack. Harmonic balancers are put into place for a reason. I understand reducing weight to improve horsepower but this is not the answer.

I thought you wanted to if it was true that the Org/Blk was the fastest color, the correct answer would have been, damn right it is.:thumbsup:

It can be removed and will free up some ponies. But you must send the crank out to be balanced. I would also have them remove the gear from the crank. then you can leave the balancer gear on its shaft but it wont be driven. If you remove the gear you gotta plug the oil hole or oil pressure will be lowered and you may fudge a bearing

If you don't send out the crank for balancing it is too buzzy. some say they don't notice it, but on mine it rattled bolts loose.

It can be removed and will free up some ponies. But you must send the crank out to be balanced. I would also have them remove the gear from the crank. then you can leave the balancer gear on its shaft but it wont be driven. If you remove the gear you gotta plug the oil hole or oil pressure will be lowered and you may fudge a bearing

If you don't send out the crank for balancing it is too buzzy. some say they don't notice it, but on mine it rattled bolts loose.

mod done years ago. Didn't rattle any bolts out.....but there is a notice able "buzz" at highway speeds. Not worth the negatives unless you plan to go through and do the crank etc. But guys did it and put thousands of miles on their bikes with no ill effects.

I like to put an extra balancer on my Busa's for added smoothness... :rofl:

Would be a fairly cheap mod but i would have to pull the crank and i dont wanna have to put it back in. :laugh:

it can be done, only advanage it less rotating mass = faster RPM building. You will need to have the crank balanced. Even doing that it will still vibrate like crazy. All builders i talked to recomended not doing it for street driven bikes, no pure race bike go ahead with it.

Back