Birthday ride gone bad

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
Went for a quick ride from Miami to Naples for a little dining an birthday celebration. I had to turn around at the half point but the others(maybe about 50 people) continued to the Marriot Hotel of Marco Island for dinner.
I had never seen or heard of a place (restaurant) run off a large group of people who were coming to eat an spend money. I mean it doesn't make sense in this economy but thats exactly what happened I am glad I missed the end part of the ride but feel bad for the victims of the discrimination.

A few of the people went in got seated right away then as the rest of the group went in they got turned away from an empty restaurant. Mind you this was a Mohawk ride almost everyone had a Mohawk on there lid:rofl: perhaps this guy is a descendant of the pilgrims.:lol:

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno what led up to it, but it looks to me like your guys were being loud and confrontational...maybe thats why they were asked to leave?

Either that, or the guy there was an azzhat and thats what made them confrontational. no way to tell from that video. It still kinda sucks, and i hope they all got to stay and spend money elsewhere.

OH MY GOD!! IT"S MY MASAGO"S LOST LOST DADDY!!

I DON"T THINK I"LL EVER BE ABLE TO CUDDLE HER AGAIN!!

DSC00303.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I hate to say it, but private business has the right to refuse cleintel so long as it's not based on race, religion, etc. I know it sucks, but you can't claim discrimination (legally) based on being a biker.

atleast you had a nice ride

I got married on Vanderbuilt beach in Naples and drove down to SOBE, then to key west..Im jealous you get to live there:laugh:

Being a member of club that wears a "rag" or a vest with our club colors on it, we are turned away from plenty of establishments such as bars, restaurants and even hotels. Here in Ohio i belong to a lobbying group that is pushing legistration against such discrimination. I watched an old movie last night on AMC..The Wild One. anyone ever see it? it basically started the whole Bad Boy Biker thing and was based on untruths caused by a sensational press. Harley or sport bike we are faced everyday with prejudices that are shaped by the bad behavior of the few.
We should all remember to represent our bike riding brothers and sisters and ourselves as a safe and law abiding group who pose no more threat than to have a good time with respect to all around us.

The one guy was being confrontational in your group. What actually led up to being removed? Maybe too much noise?
or just appearance... got to keep in mind that this is a resort.. Getting overrun by a bunch of locals or others that like an "alternate" look is probably not in the resorts best interest.. Look, if I had my family in a hotel for a week of R and R.. I do not want to see a bunch of guys roll in looking like a bunch of fruit cakes wearing day-glo mohawks.. just not the time or the place for it..

There are places you must wear a jacket to get it, likewise, places that you need to conform to the "tourist" look... :rofl:

if any of you looked like the guy on the bike with the mohawk stuck to his skull... you think I am going to spend thousands on a vacation to have the guy from maintenance scare my kids?

Probably should have asked, "what do we need to do in order to be welcome here" rather than getting in the guys face..

Last edited:
Here in Ohio i belong to a lobbying group that is pushing legistration against such discrimination.
I'm not sure I understand this. If a private business doesn't want your money, why would you want to force it on them? No offense, I'm sure your motives are pure of heart, I just can't see the logic.

I'm not sure I understand this. If a private business doesn't want your money, why would you want to force it on them? No offense, I'm sure your motives are pure of heart, I just can't see the logic.

Predjudice, whether it's because i wear colors or the color of my skin or my religious beliefs, is something we should all stand up against. IMHO

Predjudice, whether it's because i wear colors or the color of my skin or my religious beliefs, is something we should all stand up against. IMHO
While I certainly understand the desire to not be judged, I think it's reasonable to deny service to anyone that might disrupt your client's satisfaction. If I ran a family restaurant and saw a bunch of bikers drive up acting rather rambunctious, I might think twice about letting them dine with my regular clientel.

We have laws in place to protect people from unreasonable bias such as skin color, sex and religion. Short of that, you have to consider that these are private businesses, not public places. There is a distinct difference. A private business may deny service to anyone for any reason so long as it doesn't violate the aforementioned discrimination.

Again, I understand the anger and frustration behind this, but it's important to consider all sides before we start infringing upon the rights of others in an effort to protect our own.

the place is a beach side resort that sells rooms at $600+ per night.. I am going to expect a certain level of "resort" feel if I am shelling out this kind of money..

When I sit down in the cantina, I would also expect a certain decorum I guess..

I see no foul in requiring a certain level of dress when I have customers spending $1000 per day or more per person.. Just really not a good destination for a large group ride I suppose.. (I can sure see why they went there, the website has some great pictures of the place..)

http://www.marcoislandmarriott.com/ check the place out... just does not look like a good venue for leathers, colors or mohawks... :)

Last edited:
Back