OEM or Aftermarket fairings

italian

Registered
I recently bought an 06 Busa, which happens to be my first street bike. I only logged about 200 miles on it when my brother dropped my beautifull bike and slid it into a curb. The damage isn't too bad but I need a new front cowel and lower left fairing. Which way should I go for new plastic? Can you buy the OEM with the decals installed? Thanks for your help

I recently bought an 06 Busa, which happens to be my first street bike. I only logged about 200 miles on it when my brother dropped my beautifull bike and slid it into a curb. The damage isn't too bad but I need a new front cowel and lower left fairing. Which way should I go for new plastic? Can you buy the OEM with the decals installed? Thanks for your help

i'm pretty sure you can or you can prob find the same color combo in some used fairings....whatever you do don't get sharkskinz or race fairings if you care about how your bike looks, I had some sharkskinz and they fit like **** and were all flimsy just ****ty and i was so mad I sent them back the same day for a refund...my friend has some sharkskiz on a k7 1000 and they were well built, really thick, withstood a 100mph lay down and fit like a glove so who knows. Just seemed like about 1 hr went into making the busa fairings and about 1 week went into the liter bike fairings

The OEM lower cowlings do come with the decal installed (I had to replace mine), prepainted and ready to install. The nose is the same...

:welcome: to the .ORG! Good luck getting her back together.

Thanks. I'm definatly not going to let anyone else ride my bike for sure. Where do you think the best is place to order the OEM's.

:welcome:

Think we have a sponsor here who can help you out with your needs. Which one doesnt come to mind atm. I'm sure someone here will chime in soon.

thier pretty much cost the same where ever you go. Pretty expensive! Maybe not for an 06 I have an 08
Check Ebay but make sure it's OEM
Posted via Mobile Device

bend over you are going to get rapped...lol sorry but we all know these things are way over priced....
are you sure you cant save the existing?

I would go oem (unless you want a paticular color and/or paint scheme) as they are already painted, better chance of color match and pretty much flawless. By the time you add in cost of the fairings and a good painter you are almost back up to oem price or more.

Ebay has them for around 430 + shipping. Color and stripes already on.

Anyone have a 06 Burgandy and Black throttle side fairing they want to get rid of?

:welcome: and I would either go with OEM or have some paint/body work done on fairings to repair. Aftermarket, unless you go with nice carbon fairings, do not usually fit well.

I recently had the need for a side piece for my 06 LE and priced them all the way to $576 EACH. I lucked out though and Paulie1300 found me and I struck a deal with him that beat everyone's price.

Back