My hopes for the bash.... Can we start this now.

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
My honest and most sincere hopes is that over the next couple of weeks we (All of us) put our differences aside.. We have seen incredible growth over the past 9 months.. With the growth comes more unique personalities and differences of opinions and beliefs. As a large group we really only get one or maybe two chances every year to meet up as a collective group to enjoy great conversation, fantastic rides together and a chance to meet face to face. I truly desire that we all use the small amount of time that we have at the Gap in the best way we can. I don't have enough time in this world to do all the things that I wan't to do, why would I hang on to bad feelings or arguments from the past.

Let me start this by just saying that if I have offended anyone on this forum please PM me and let me know. Give me the chance to make it right before we get out to the bash so that we can use the time there for what it was intended and not wasting it away. As far as I know I think I am in good standing with the members here and there isn't anyone that I have offended, however sometimes misunderstandings do occur and I am the king of not seeing the obvious.

I hold the friendships I have made with the members in the highest regards and I hope that we can keep passing on good will to the community.....

Here are a few stats that I threw out to the admins a couple of days ago... With the increase in user base we need to pay more attention than ever that all feel welcome to the site when they join and that all know they have a place here. We need to make sure that when the new folks come on board that we answer their questions and help them find their place on the oRg.

We ended March with 547 new registrations.

1991 new Topics for March

44,500 new post

March had the most post on the forum EVER

We have doubled the number of post per month since August of 08 when the new forum went online.

I think the bash will be awesome this year! Wish I could make it. This is a cool crew here. I think folks will get along well.

Take pictures and post em up though if a fight breaks out. :lol:

P.

:beerchug:

My honest and most sincere hopes is that over the next couple of weeks we (All of us) put our differences aside.. We have seen incredible growth over the past 9 months.. With the growth comes more unique personalities and differences of opinions and beliefs. As a large group we really only get one or maybe two chances every year to meet up as a collective group to enjoy great conversation, fantastic rides together and a chance to meet face to face. I truly desire that we all use the small amount of time that we have at the Gap in the best way we can. I don't have enough time in this world to do all the things that I wan't to do, why would I hang on to bad feelings or arguments from the past.

As always Doug....very well said. :thumbsup:

From past bash events, ive grown to love this board. Everyone is good hearted and supportive all other members. In the past ive been members of car clubs and bike clubs, but nothing that is close knitted and family like at this board is. Lets keep this bash and future ones peacefull and under controll, anyways everyone is like family here, lets keep it this way or we will lose a lot of respect in the community and lose a bunch of good members.

So to Cap and all the other Admins. Job well done.

See you at the bash

I wish i could make it to the bash as well. I'd LOVE to shake the hands of all the folks here who have at one time helped me or someone else by selflessly offering up their time to give an answer to someone.

Cap, I can't see you offending anyone here, and if you have, i would guess its a misunderstanding. I really like the way this place is run and am glad I found this place. To be honest, this is one of the best parts of ownership is the cameraderie formed here. This board is definitely the most professional and well-run boards I have ever been on, and in all my time here, i have seen AMAZINGLY few fights. I'll jump in here and say thank you for your time and the time of all the admin here who give their free time to making this place such a good place to be.

out of all the other forums i look at and have joined, this is the only one that i get on every time i turn my laptop on. i am grateful to captain and all of the admins of this board, and all you members for helping everyone when you can. :thumbsup:

Cap, I'm a little upset that you didn't take up my offer for the sheep.:laugh:

Doug, I doubt you have anything to worry about. I, as a "plank member" of the busa bash, would never ever think that little differences would spoil any fun. We have way too much of an "adult" orientation. Too much respect flowing through through this group to start any trouble. IMHO.

I may not be able to ride this time, (hopefully my back may be better) but I plan on being there for Kevin.

Regards,
Chris

Ya know I also hope that all the members that have been here awhile will reach out over the next couple of weeks before the bash and make an extra effort to introduce yourselves via PM or email to those that you see going but don't know. There is not a worse feeling than thinking your the new guy just in the way...

I plan on taking some of the new folks out on a couple of rides this year just like last year and the year before... It's the way to meet great folks and make everyone feel welcome...

please all, don't ride beyond your limits especially at the dragon. :beerchug:

please all, don't ride beyond your limits especially at the dragon. :beerchug:

Yeah...great advice, Rev.

Cap: Good timing for a message of this sort. Interesting statistics, too.

It might be a good "read" sometime if someone who was at the beginning of the Bash would document it's history.

Anyone who reads that on-going history would then be tuned into what the Bash really means, where it came from, and how their own participation can enhance the experience.

I hope to make it to one or many of the Bash's in the near future, sounds like you guys have a blast. Have a great time everyone and ride safe.:thumbsup:

Then there will be the REAL BASH in Reno !!!! :thumbsup:

You just come sit at the bar Doug, and we'll take good care of you, and "you won't need any of your cash"......... :super:

We'll show you how the O-R-G roll out West !!!! :oldcool:

Cap,

I have managed to harrass and coherce some new members into attending Spring bash,
(does that count as outreach?:laugh:)

I plan to share with them the same kindness, friendship, comradery assistance and good will that was shown to me by Org members the first time I attended the Bash. This feeling of brotherhood and belonging is what keeps me here and I will do my part to continue the traditions set by others before me.:bowdown:

I would like to add two other wishes for the Bash...

1. Everyone rides safely.

2. Miss Reba is happy that we came:)

Alright.. I'll be nice... but I'm not sharing my Banana Juice! :lol:

I can't wait to meet all the new folks... :cheerleader: (and the old ones too ;) )

I think you are fine Doug! I am looking forward to meeting the old and new faces of the ORg and everything should be fine. Just like last year!!!:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Alright.. I'll be nice... but I'm not sharing my Banana Juice! :lol:

I can't wait to meet all the new folks... :cheerleader: (and the old ones too ;) )

WOW!!!!....There are so many roads to go down from this point. Lycan?

83160274.jpg

Back