Clutch Bleed Issues

Zoinks!

Registered
I've just done a gravity bleed and the clutch is still soft. I double checked the procedure in the service manual and I've done everything right. Just for the heck of it, I tried bleeding by pumpin the lever, holding, open screw, close screw repeat, but I still have a soft lever and the clutch release piston and rod aren't moving at all. Any ideas?

Does fluid squirt out when you try and bleed it like you said?
Does it feel strong when you do that?
It may be a faulty master cylinder.
They do make rebuild kits for them - new seals etc.

'06 LE, that's the problem. No, but I read where someone allowed the rubber gasket on top of resevoir to screw a port inside once. Don't really know partner. Come to the Bash and get it fixed :laugh:

Got it figured out. I just filled up the release cylender before I put the piston back in it, then filled up the master cyl, put the lid on the master cylender, pushed the piston back in, then put the sprocket cover back on. I have tension now and the piston's moving! Just making sure I don't have any air in there now.

No. I was changing my oil yesterday and there was a bunch of oil on my lower fairing and on my belly wing so I was taking the sprocket cover off to check out what was going on. During the proccess I decided to change the clutch fluid while I was at it. It was getting a little dark, and it has 17,200 miles on it anyway.

I've also been feeling something popping when walking the bike around, so I was wondering if something was hanging at the front sprocket area. Which is the other reason I was taking the cover off. But the reason for draining the clutch fluid was to change it. I know it doesn't have to come off to get the sprocket cover off.

It's time for chain and sprockets, you got a stiff link and 18K on the original :beerchug:

Usually the chain tension is constantly out too and you will eventually start skipping teeth when you get on it. Change it before you destroy the motor casing

I was figuring it was some stiff links, but I wanted to watch it riding over the smaller sprocket, but it didn't seem to be having problems. I still think that's probably what it is, but it's gonna have to wait for a little while. I don't have $300 for a chain, 2 sprockets and cush drives.

I was figuring it was some stiff links, but I wanted to watch it riding over the smaller sprocket, but it didn't seem to be having problems. I still think that's probably what it is, but it's gonna have to wait for a little while. I don't have $300 for a chain, 2 sprockets and cush drives.

you should be able to get a EK ZZZ chain for around 150, rear sprocket( JT ) for 38 dollars and a front for around 20, not sure about the cush, you may not need then, I had around 35000 on mine before i replaced the cush rubber. Call MR Cycle, they will do you right. 800 359 0567 ext 110, Chris, he will fix you up, real nice guy.

Back