Update On Fairing Screens

Sannosuke

Registered
Ta-Da! :cheerleader:

P1013831.jpg

Also, I've located the power (license plate light) source for the HotGrips. I ended-up disasembling the rear cowl so as to see just what wires went where and in doing so I now have better access to where I want to tap into the wire... maybe. I'll give it another look-see in the morning!

More pics to follow tomorrow!

One more before I go;

What the bike looks like right now (wife just about fell over. OMG, what happened to your bike!!!):laugh: and where I'm planing to tap into the power source.

Apart.jpg

Yeah, My bike looked like that just about a week ago. Tools and crap all over the garage too! Kinda scary, isn't it? Good luck with the rest!

Yeah, My bike looked like that just about a week ago. Tools and crap all over the garage too! Kinda scary, isn't it? Good luck with the rest!

I'll be honest, the most intimidating part for me (aside from messing with the electronics) is making sure I don't forget what screws and plugs go where!

One more before I go;

What the bike looks like right now (wife just about fell over. OMG, what happened to your bike!!!):laugh:

Well I met the crew from Hayabusa.org and now honey, I HAVE NO FEAR !!!! :super: Just wait until next week...... :oldcool:

My girl just watches as everything comes off the bike, and goes back on time after time after time.... :super: Doesn't even freak her out anymore......

Nice thing about fairing screens is that "you" get to do the work, and be proud of your efforts......when I first made/installed mine, I went @n@l on the bending, snipping, adjusting.......making sure the screens were all facing (the screen grain) their respective sides for best visual......looks like you did the same....... :super: :super: :super: Just good fun, and it makes her that much nicer to look at !!!!

Make me some when you get done with your bike! I've wanted to do that mod for a while now but just havent gotten around to it yet.

Hi Spudley
Do the screens serve any purpose other than cosmetic????

Nope, just looks Brother. After buying a set of preformed off ebay I went another route. The ones I bought were pathetically made and had no quality to the direction or "type" of screening they were cut from. I ended up buying a nicely chromed ricer (import aftermarket radiator) grill and measuring and cutting my own. A little two-part plastic epoxy and I was done in about three hours including removal and reinstallation, including the tail section. It was a fun project, and the looks were worth it. I'm one that believes they should do it from the factory with the same type of screen as the intakes......... :super:

I went in a different direction than screens in my tail section.

- Hayabusa lighting[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my screen from lowes for 22 bucks and cut and bent myself. I even placed it over my radiator and oil cooler also. I used some silicone gasket sealent. It took me about 2 hours.

SD530478.JPG

Back