Busa = Gixxer1300?

MikeSomething

Registered
People ask me all the time at work, resturaunts etc. "What kinda bike do you have?". And I always reply w/:

Q: What kinda bike?
A: A Suzuki
Q: Suzuki what?
A: Oh, a Gixxer
Q: 600? 750?
A: No, a 1300.

It got me thinkin, would you really consider a Busa a Gixxer?
Could I get away w/ putting GSXR stickers on my Busa?

Well, it originally came with GSX1300R on it so yeah it's the king of Gixxers!

Well, it originally came with GSX1300R on it so yeah it's the king of Gixxers!

Yea, but even on websites when you look up parts...
The categories are GSXR 600, 750, 1000 and then a totally seperate one for Hayabusa. Just started thinkin that this bike wasn't part of that family, that's it's on a totally different page.

except the others all go GSXR6000 etc that would make the Busa a stand alone with the R at the end.. :laugh: (they are sport bikes, this is a sport tour)

You mean a sticker like this one under the slider ...

JAMES4.jpg

A friend of mine has a Gixxer 600 and he put GSXR1000 stickers on it. Dont ask why cuz I dont know !

It's just because the Busa is the daddy of the GSXR, i always say i have a busa!!! and then i get the "oh man, a busa"... "YEP a Busa"..:laugh:

the busa is in a different class than the gsxr...there is the gsxr 600, 750, 1000 are all gixxers...then there is the busa, and there are the smaller bikes and other sport touring bikes like katana or gsx500r...the busa is the king of the road

Im gonna say 9 out of 10 times just saying HAYABUSA is all it takes, If you have to tell them its a Suzuki then they really wont understand what a HAYABUSA is anyway

except the others all go GSXR6000 etc that would make the Busa a stand alone with the R at the end.. :laugh: (they are sport bikes, this is a sport tour)

Right. Exactly. R at the end. Different.

When I'm asked, I always say " 'busa ".

To those who know what a 'busa is, well, they know...to those who don't, well, it doesn't much matter. :laugh:

:beerchug:

Had a kid tell me he used to ride "high-busa-es" all the time.

The biggest reason I tell them it's a Gixxer 1300 is you can kinda weed out who knows about bikes from kids like above.

Back