Just Changed The Oil?

brandont70

Registered
I just did an oil change on my 07. After you run the bike and check for oil leaks, do you have to wait for the oil level to rise back up on the sight glass or do you go ahead and fill it up to the full mark?

With a new filter, just add four quarts and you are good to go :beerchug:

After you run the motor, give it a minute to settle...should be near the full mark if you put in 4.0 qts :thumbsup:

There. Good. Oil thread OVER. Question answered. If not........................

I'm gonna have a STROKE I tell ya!:please:

There will always be new people that don't know the answers to questions and find it better served to have others "tell" them, as opposed to look it up or fudge their way through it.

The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked!

My tip on a fresh oil and filter change, 'Brandont70',, or anyone else for that matter;

New OEM filter every other change out.

After drained oil is removed be sure to RE-USE the same o-ring on the drain plug (it likes its home :laugh: ). Re-torque to NO MORE than 16.5 lbs. ft. (I hand tighten, it is an acquired touch) Just don't go over a stripped oil pan is a pain and time consuming. Take your time,, and you will be fine!

Make sure that the filter's o-ring has been pre-lubed, turned down and ready to fill. (When removing filter, wrap aluminum foil around header pipes for ease of mess/clean up.)

Remove the filler cap on the clutch cover on its side-stand, with a funnel slowly pour in three quarts. Stop. Screw down filler cap. Lower back down onto side stand. Run engine for 2-3 minutes to cycle fluids through the engine and into the filter.

Turn off at the key! (never use the kill switch - it is known to short)

The oil capacity for the Hayabusa is 3.5 quarts or 3.3 liters!!

Allow engine oil to settle for three minutes!

Now, get intimate with your bike a little. (assuming you have already spent time hugging, naming, talking baby talk to it and simply getting to know every nook and cranny :rofl: ) ??? That's sick man,, stop it! :whistle::rofl:

On its side stand with you in an Indian Stance (cross-legged seated position) on the right side of the bike,,, grab the bike by its right handle bar,, and pull towards yourself leveling the motorcycle,, looking to the sight window to see how much more you will need.

Lean the bike back over onto its already down side stand. Uncap, insert funnel again and add the appropriate amount. Cap off. Cycle another three minutes and recheck.

Remember - it is FAR BETTER to have slightly less than slightly more. You can lose precious horsepower by having too much oil slapping against the crankshaft.

Ask away, newbs! I was there once. Learning is a lifelong process! ;)

Please tell me you are not a
leghumper.gif

:rofl:

Back