police contact at daytona stories

dropem631

Registered
they were hard this year especially for the crooked plates.. this guy i met got one 10 minutes off the trailer.. i got pulled 3 times.. shades on my forhead... talking to girls.. crooked plate, he said my plate was crooked but it was still very visible, gave me a ticket for no insurance.. 100 beans..

I thought FL did not require insurance? something else to the law? I think everyone was well warned about license plates too... FL does not want the bikes, not sure why everyone goes there with that in mind... gotta be places that "want" the bikes.. (read: $$$)

Last edited:
To not wear a helmet you have to be over 21 and have proof of medical insurance (certain $$ amount) if I'm not mistaken.

Beyond that, insurance is not required on a bike in FL (unless your bank says so)...

I thought FL did not require insurance? something else to the law? I think everyone was well warned about license plates too... FL does not want the bikes, not sure why everyone goes there with that in mind... gotta be places that "want" the bikes.. (read: $$$)
if your not wearing a helmet u need medical insurance didnt have my card..

medical card?
Having a card that states your funeral is paid in full would make more sense.

and insurance
:rulez:

Don't know where is at but in Miami cheapest insurance I was able to get quote for is 2K a year can't swing it. One company even quoted 7k for one year. prices seem to go down the farther from Miami Fl you get.

Last edited:
I thought the law in FL was if you dont wear a helmet then you had to have insurance on the bike. I didnt think it had anything to do with medical insurance. Just what I thought. Could be wrong though.

Florida law

under 21 must wear a helmet, 21 and over must have $10,000 minimum medical insurance.

Back