how much wind is 2 much?

teamorion22

Registered
Today is beautiful. But there is 25 mph wind ssw. I want to ride. Would you? Living in Oklahoma i may be a lil more acclimated than some.
thanks
michael

As long as a gust won't blow me off the road, or into traffic, I ride.
My season is short enough so I have to take advantage of every minute.

Safety first.

25mph is borderline for me. It will make you work for it. I prefer under 10.

I rode monday 45mph gust good practice & I must say I think the busa rides great in wind.
Posted via Mobile Device

WHew.....I thought someone else made the mistake of eating at Golden Corrall again... :laugh:

In a headwind or tailwind no problem. If you're coming from behind cover into the open and get a crosswind, hang on, it's going to get a little rough.

The plastics act like a giant sail and catch so much wind it's not even funny. Multiple times I've been pushed almost into the other lane and end up going down the highway with an obscene lean. Problem then is crosswind stop and you have to stand it back up quick.

I think it'd be a good day for a casual ride. Just keep the speed down so you have more time to deal with the conditions.

In a headwind or tailwind no problem. If you're coming from behind cover into the open and get a crosswind, hang on, it's going to get a little rough.

The plastics act like a giant sail and catch so much wind it's not even funny. Multiple times I've been pushed almost into the other lane and end up going down the highway with an obscene lean. Problem then is crosswind stop and you have to stand it back up quick.

I think it'd be a good day for a casual ride. Just keep the speed down so you have more time to deal with the conditions.

+1

25mph is close to my limit. I don't like anything over 15 really. Gusts up to 25, ok, but consistant 25, I would stay home.

I would avoid over 20mph. Got caught going over a high bridge w/ 30mph gusts... it got alittle hairy. Some people will tell you to go faster in bad winds, I'm still sceptical. Just be careful whatever u do.

personally, i would go ahead and ride...the closer you can stay to a tucked position, the less the wind will affect you...like PandaNin said, just be very aware of when you are going to ride from a protected stretch of road and get caught by a sudden gust from a crosswind and you should be fine :beerchug:

I don't let wind stop me either. Rode one time and it felt like I was going around a constant corner with having to lean the whole time. Riding in any weather condition you can is always good practice. You never know when you'll be out riding on a nice day and the weather throws you a curve ball. Always better to practice and be prepared then to be out and get stuck in something.

If it blows me off I know it was too strong. Other than that, if it isn't a complete downpour I'm on two wheels.

Wind is around 35 here in chicago, still good, just need to brace myself on red lights.

Never had wind to hard to ride in! Maybe a tornado or hurricane.:laugh:

I did once.
It was about 45 mph solid with 65 mph gusts, and the gusts would swirl and come from both ways, left then right.
It was in the mountains going downhill and I honestly had to slow down to about 5 mph and have both feet down.
That was too much, I turned around and went back.

how much wind is 2 much?

It's never good! :rofl:

beano1.jpg

Back