Back Brace

Big D's Busa

Registered
I see alot of guys out on the open road with these back braces with a long spinal cord back to them. Im not sure who makes them and if they really help that good on long rides?? I have seen that jason on superbikes wear them

Like this one right?

IMG_1418.jpg

Yeah thats it brother, can u really tell the big difference?

Cant tell that I'm wearing it, if that's what you are asking. Haven't gone down with it, so cant tell ya how well it works. I use it under my leather jacket. The armor in the chest and back on jackets is okay, but I want better.

Yeah i say it would really help alot if u went down. My concern was does it help on long rides to keep ur back from hurting as bad?

Yeah i say it would really help alot if u went down. My concern was does it help on long rides to keep ur back from hurting as bad?

I use the Icon Armor under my jacket, doesn't make the ride more comfortable I thinks it's just to make the fall less uncomfortable :whistle: It doesn't really bother me to wear it under the jacket I sometimes forget that is on.

WTH are you riding anyway haven't seen to many people complain about back aches on a Busa. I have gone 8 to 10 hr an had no back pain an have gone 5 - 6 hr without stopping for nothing but gas an had no back pain. Is it possible your riding position or technique is contributing to discomfort???

The spine protectors are just that, protectors. They don't offer any support, nor should they or it could reduce mobility and flexibility when riding.

As far as protection goes they work. I was wearing a Teknic spine protector when I crashed my 04 Busa. I slid across the road on my back. I slid over a rock as I left the pavement. The rock cracked one of the plastic plates. I didn't even feel it. That protector may have prevented even worse damage to my spine.

I don't ride without one anymore.

You should look into the Forcefield Pro Sub 4 that will be comming out later this month. This is the most advanced protector for your back. You will be able to find them at Johnson leather. Google it.

Back