Busa Checks

BusaPebbles

Registered
Hi Everyone,

So yesterday I road my Busa to work. On the way home, the backend seemed to be acting a little wierd. It felt like the back tire was slipping....Made me really nervous, so I stopped and made sure there were no problems with the tires....anyway....it started to make me think that I shoudl probably check out my bike BEFORE I ride it. So my questions is; what types of checks do yall do before you take your bike out for a ride? Thanks!

so.. what did you see wrong?
i normaly ride once a week on sundays. i check tire pressure, look for lose and tighten bolts once a month.
check the coolant res.
check the chain each week before i go riding!
check the oil level each time.

I didn't see anything wrong...When I had my Ducati I had a bubble on the tire, so now I am paranoid.

How do you check the chain? What is too tight or too loose?

Dang...I thought the thread read "Busa Chicks" - got me all excited then I found there were no pics... :laugh: I only check my oil every week along with tire pressure, but as above I probably should be checking a lot more and will start doing so.

Last edited:
the pads front and rear has a marking on it ( look where the pads contact the rotor)
that marking is indication of what has left of pads, when the marking get almost to the rotor , it is time to repalce the pads!

Last edited:
the pads front and rear has a marking on it ( look where the pads contact the rotor)
that marking is indication of what has left of pads, when the marking get almost to the rotor , it is time to repalce the pads!

The way I ride my brakes, I should probably check this out...:poke:

i keep my tire pressure right at 40 psi because it works for me...i keep an eye on my oil level, check my brakes,lines ect...when i check the chain it should have 1 1/8- 1 1/4 inch off slack in it and i will also see if the rear sproket will rotate back and forth inside the hub while the bike is sitting still, most of these things i do when i wash the bike as im climbing all over and around it ...so get in a habbit of washing it everytime you ride

T-CLOCS before every ride. I ride back and forth to work everyday. Some items take more time, require pulling the seat and fairings so I do those once a week on the weekend. As I posted in another thread, I do my T-CLOCS while the bike is warming up and I'm gearing up.

Develop good habits, it might save your a$$ someday.
Posted via Mobile Device

T-CLOCS before every ride. I ride back and forth to work everyday. Some items take more time, require pulling the seat and fairings so I do those once a week on the weekend. As I posted in another thread, I do my T-CLOCS while the bike is warming up and I'm gearing up.

Develop good habits, it might save your a$$ someday.
Posted via Mobile Device

So what is the S? I just got an Email with the same info, but he had...TCLOCK and you have TCLOCS

if your feeling a slip in the rear it may be a good idea to check your Cush drive rubbers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back