Mouse In Storage Area

Sannosuke

Registered
Oh ya!

Forgot to mention that as I was getting the bike ready to take the fairings off I took off the hump and noticed that the sponges I use to keep things secure show some tell-tale signs of mouse activity!

I right away panicked thinking "oh no, my wires are going to be chew up to heck!" and proceeded to start and test all the signal, brake lights etc.. Everything 'so far' worked.

My question is;

Is there something more I should be looking out for and doing? Never had this sort of problem before...

Thanks guys!

Any rodent droppings in or around the bike? If they nested in there there are sure to be droppings. If you haven't already, I'd lift the tank, pull the lowers and seat to take a good look around.

If he's been chewing sponge he's building a nest somewhere. They seem real partial to intake and exhaust systems on snowmobiles.:guns:

Go get anything that eliminates mice. You don't want a nest full of hungry critters chewing on your bike.

I've found chewed plug wires and nesting in my airbox on my CBXs. My garage is about 75 years old and detached and I have to keep traps and poison out all the time now. After their initial 'visits' I've cleaned up and so far so good.

Put some moth balls in the around your bike, the critters hate em. PS good luck collecting all those moths:rofl:

I've found chewed plug wires and nesting in my airbox on my CBXs. My garage is about 75 years old and detached and I have to keep traps and poison out all the time now. After their initial 'visits' I've cleaned up and so far so good.

This home isn't even a year old 'but' it's built on old farm land so...

Any rodent droppings in or around the bike? If they nested in there there are sure to be droppings. If you haven't already, I'd lift the tank, pull the lowers and seat to take a good look around.

Oh and yes, there were droppings in the rear cargo area...

last year the little rat bastids ate a hole in my battery on my 4wheeler. I now keep a poison block in all the cargo areas and spread critter ridder around...seems to work

i leave my hump off all winter... that way they are not intrested in nesting there not enough cover

I'm back and short of taking the tail section off I went through the entire bike prying this and that open. Seat is off, tank is raised and even peeked in the nose section with a telescopic led light and nothing, no pieces of sponge or droppings...

Throughout the winter (nothing below -5 C) I started the bike, let it run from anywhere to 20 to 30 minutes...

Back