work on bike myself?

• yes

Votes: 88 86.3%
  • no

Votes: 14 13.7%

• Total voters

Rock Doctor

Registered
Just got my first hyabusa and have been looking forward to it for many years.. 5200 miles and rode it home 35 miles and set for a couple of weeks.. the bike seemed to have no oil when i looked at it over the weekend.. it took nearly 3 quarts before full and then when i started it it registered as too full.. i am planning to get it to service asap but hoped you might give me some ideas on how to get the cherry bike to run like it looks

sounds like the previous owner didn't take care of her if it was down 3L of oil.. talk to her, and tell her she has a good home now.. :laugh:

keep up on the oil changes and other maintaince.. and welcome to the org.. :welcome:

Do what I do, take really good care of her, ride her hard and rub her tank,ass,nose and fenders and tell how good she looks and how much you love her. She will never let you down.:welcome:

Well there is your problem you have about 3 quarts to much oil in there. You need to check the oil while it is in the riding (level) position for it to read properly. Drain that bad boy and re fill (4 quarts) check out the manual on the site and download it if you have a question. But do it yourself just don't over torque the drain plug. Good luck now take your savings from the dealership and buy that beauty some mods :beerchug:

Pitbull/Redline/T-rex are fine hit up the site sponsors. Just drain it till it comes to level.

when i bought my bike i knew not to check oil on the kickstand but i did not think about the rearstand. with the correct tools, the .org, patcience, and an extra pair of hands here and there (and a bankroll of course) u can do anything

it isn"t idling very well, but runs out well.. but will have it going soon going to spend the cash to do all the right things.. thanks for all the comments

Now I'm panicing!

You've got his all straight now,...right??

May as well drain it all out and start fresh.
3.4 litres oil
New filter
Check upright and on its tires.

Don't run it Overfilled either!!

Last edited:
thanks man.. sounds easy.. why would she be 3 qts low with no signs of leaks?

If you checked it with it on the side stand it wasn't actually low. It just wasn't in the sight glass cause the bike was on the stand. As the others have said, to check the oil, hold the bike straight up, like you're riding it. Just drain out the oil, put 3.5 quarts back in and you're good to go. You'll have the same problem with oil level if you check it with it lifted on the rear stand too, so just remember 3.5 quarts and you'll be good. If you forget, it's in the owners manual and the service manual as well (if you have one, or have downloaded it). Don't fret, she's probably ok. Just get the level right before you run her again.

Back