You can't test ride Busa's???

Juggernaut

Registered
The dealer near me is being really funny about test riding Busa's. Who in the Upstate SC area atleast within 100miles allows test rides. If you have a MC license and proof of insurance what's the big deal? Who would want to buy something without ever going through each gear on it? And they never do demo ride days like another motorcycle company I know. What gives???

Good luck finding any dealer that will let you ride a bike. Look for some demo days or find a buddie that will let you ride his bike.

Some places rent them.
If you would like to see how they feel you could do that.
I can undersatnd them not wanting their stuff to get wrecked by the unskilled.
One dealer here has seen 2 guys killed test driving bikes within 2 blocks of the dealership (2 different occasions).
I bought mine without a test drive.
Hey that would be a good poll....

BTW no-one ever gets to ride mine and I have 3 brothers with bikes.

Man. Never bought blind like this before. I think I've rode every bike H-D has ever built. I didn't know it would be like this. I'll have to find a spot that allows a rental. Just feels weird to put that kind of coin down before you ride it, you know? It's not like if you don't like it you can turn it in a week later for the same price you paid.

I've never heard of any dealership that would let you test ride any bike other than a used cruiser. Even then you can't leave the parking lot.
I bought my Busa before I ever heard the motor run.

I was going to say pretty much the same as the above...Motorcycle Dealers and most private sellers typically will not let you ride a bike...I do not personally allow anyone to ride my bikes before I sell them...

Once the CASH is in my hand and the title is in theirs, they are more than welcome to drive it...Their is just too high risk on motorcycles to risk test rides...I happily place my bike on the rear stand and demonstrate 100% functionality but will not let anyone drive it...

I have heard of a few dealers that are willing to let you test drive USED models with a $1000 deposit and written contract to purchase drawn up...But even this is rare to come across...

I have never seen any dealer that allowed test rides on busa's. Be kind of like test driving a Ferrari.

I'm sure you will like it.
Almost 22,000 members here and not many beefs.

Go for it!
Join the madness!!

Man. Never bought blind like this before. I think I've rode every bike H-D has ever built. I didn't know it would be like this. I'll have to find a spot that allows a rental. Just feels weird to put that kind of coin down before you ride it, you know? It's not like if you don't like it you can turn it in a week later for the same price you paid.

This is true. But i can also see the dealers point. Take off on a bike and they will never see it again, or oops i forgot to put my foot down and you just dropped it over on its side. Now a busa is more than a few cars, and they just won't fall over, scratch the frame and it totaled right there in the parking lot.

What dealers have you been to?

I can say i have one problem that i just can't stand with my busa.. $$$ i just can't get enough to keep feeding my want list!!!

The dealer near me is being really funny about test riding Busa's. Who in the Upstate SC area atleast within 100miles allows test rides. If you have a MC license and proof of insurance what's the big deal? Who would want to buy something without ever going through each gear on it? And they never do demo ride days like another motorcycle company I know. What gives???

Test ride a 'sport bike' at a dealership :rofl: Not gonna happen :laugh:

After about 6 trips to my dealer and trying to decide between the ZX14 and the Busa he actualy suggested I take one for a ride. One ride and I bought it. It made my mind up right there. I had just come off a 2008 Kawasaki Concours (159hp) but this bike has so much more low end and was more comfortable than I thought. It seemed The ZX14 had a little more room for my 6-1 frame. Besides I like the looks of the Busa better. I am going to go to the buel pegs though and I did put a 1 inch riser on. Love the bike so far. I bought every other bike except used ones without a test drive.

Last edited:
After about 6 trips to my dealer and trying to decide between the ZX14 and the Busa he actualy suggested I take one for a ride. One ride and I bought it. It made my mind up right there. I had just come off a 2008 Kawasaki Concours (159hp) but this bike has so much more low end and was more comfortable than I thought. It seemed The ZX14 had a little more room for my 6-1 frame. Besides I like the looks of the Busa better. I am going to go to the buel pegs though and I did put a 1 inch riser on. Love the bike so far. I bought every other bike except used ones without a test drive.

That's my issue. I was between the ZX-14 and the Busa. Never rode on either of them. But sitting on them, feels like the Busa is more to my liking. But, that's just sitting on it. Quite a roll of the dice this is gonna be.

Cycle Specialties-Suzuki on Wade Hampton.

Also PowerSports of Greenville, but they didn't have any Busa's. Just liter bikes and below.

Go up to Foothills Motorsports in easly. From 385 take 85 south to 153. Turn right and it'll be on your left just a little ways down the road. I don't know if they'll let you test ride or not, but I know they usually have a couple busas in there. If they won't let you test ride, they may let you rent. Not sure though; I've never tried it.

Back