TRACKDAY - Texas World Speedway - Saturday April 4

My bikes in KC for the track day Monday at HPT. I'd love to run TWS though.

Sorry for the stupid question, but why do the rules require all lights, that is indicators, rear stoplight and front headlight, fuses to be pulled, or the lights have to be taped up, or removed?

Last edited:
Sorry for the stupid question, but why do the rules require all lights, that is indicators, rear stoplight and front headlight, fuses to be pulled, or the lights have to be taped up, or removed?

In case of a crash there is no plastic on the track to damage other bikes. Lights are distracting so they are covered & fuses pulled.

You do not want to use turn signals or brake lights on a track can cause bad things to happen or give false indications to other riders the headlamp is taped as well so you do not blind somebody with the reflective surface. Not to mention if a person goes down it minimizes the debris on the track or off the track

i had plan to go to nascar race there this weekend but sch. conflict won't allow me to go!:banghead:

oops, i get those two mistaken all the time:laugh:
i use to live in college station for 5 years in 90's, i am not an aggie!!!
i have been in track couple times watching the guys playing, i wish i could go but working all day, you know car business on saturday!!!
maybe i can call in sick!!:laugh:

Last edited:
oops, i get those two mistaken all the time:laugh:
i use to live in college station for 5 years in 90's, i am not an aggie!!!
i have been in track couple times watching the guys playing, i wish i could go but working all day, you know car business on saturday!!!
maybe i can call in sick!!:laugh:

I work in the service department for Lexus Of Austin - Yes, unfortunately I know about Saturdays.

There are plenty of track days on Sunday too:whistle:

Back