Speedohealer Install

Techbiker

Registered
My '08 Busa recieved some luvin,

I installed my Speedohealer Sunday, I bought this from Pashnit.

Left side cover was a challenge but I was able to remove with breaking any plastics. After that install was extremely easy just a couple of plugs and routing a wire to under the rear seat, thats where I have the SH installed at.
Used a few zip ties to finish the job.

I have a garmin 450gps, and from previous observations the speedometer was off by -7.3% this is the entry I made to the SH.

Speedometer in on the money and its great. I was relying on my garmin 450 for a accurate speedometer, now I can store that gps and believe my guages.

This is a great item, would recommend to anyone that is annoyed by a inaccurate speedometer.:thumbsup:

That's funny cause my '08 is dead on, I thought that was one of the fixes for Gen II.

Anyway glad the install went well for ya. Guess I better get the GPS out again. :thumbsup:

got my speedo heeler dialed in on saturday too. very cool tool. I love the MPH/KPH conversion since the bike is single scale only.. well worth the $$$

My '08 Busa recieved some luvin,

I installed my Speedohealer Sunday, I bought this from Pashnit.

Left side cover was a challenge but I was able to remove with breaking any plastics. After that install was extremely easy just a couple of plugs and routing a wire to under the rear seat, thats where I have the SH installed at.
Used a few zip ties to finish the job.

I have a garmin 450gps, and from previous observations the speedometer was off by -7.3% this is the entry I made to the SH.

Speedometer in on the money and its great. I was relying on my garmin 450 for a accurate speedometer, now I can store that gps and believe my guages.

This is a great item, would recommend to anyone that is annoyed by a inaccurate speedometer.:thumbsup:

:cheerleader: Glad to help out!! :cheerleader:

Stock gears.

Yeah I found it hard to believe that the speedometer was off so much.

Same here!! When I took my first roas trip on my 08 I used my GPS and was shocked at the speed. ???

Got to get a SH.

Is there any other links related to this I'm not quite sure what the SH does! Could someone exsplain for me or post some other links I could read. I'm haveing problems also.

Is there any other links related to this I'm not quite sure what the SH does! Could someone exsplain for me or post some other links I could read. I'm haveing problems also.

Chris, everything you need to know about Speedohealers:

Buy Now: SpeedoHealer V4.0 Speedo Healer Speedometer Calibrator Correction | Pashnit Moto

Likely one of the most common mods for Busa owners. :thumbsup:

Img_1082_pashnit_hayabusa.jpg

Img_1082_pashnit_hayabusa.jpg

I have an 01' and according to the GPS it is way off especially around 90 mph. Wardie

If you remove the left hand side lower fairing, you'll find this plug.

Img_1076_speedohealer_plug.jpg

The Speedohealer box is universal, and will work on any bike. The differences are the plugs on the end of the wire harness. Busa uses the Suzuki-I which is most common thankfully.

Speedohealers cover a good range of bikedom. They run $109.99, I ship it for free anywhere on the globe and ship them out almost daily. They have MAP Pricing attached so same price from whomever you get them from.

Img_2929_speedohealers_800.jpg

Normally, you would mount the box under the seat or out-of-the-way location. I've got mine mounted up on the reservoir as it makes a good conversation piece at shows our out on the tours. Everyone wants to know what it is. :laugh:

Img_1084_speedohealer.jpg

You can see the buttons in this shot. There's small digital readout on the Speedohealer. That's how you tell it what % your off. I knew my speedo was 10 low from riding with other guys. So punch 10 low into the on-line calculator and you get like 15% off. Punch the 1, save, 5, save, and done.

There's two plugs in the box, the smaller 2nd one is for the top-speed-recall button. Useful to some, it comes with all the units, hit the botton and the speedo dial will cycle to your top speed on your last run.

Img_1086_speedohealer_800.jpg

Common question is how do I know how far off I am? Easy answer it to ride with another rider, use GPS (best), time yourself against local mileage markers (we don't have those here). Take that number to http://www.speedohealer.com and they have an on-line calculator to figure out the percentage off.

Other big reason for a speedohealer is gearing changes. Once you start messing with sprocket teeth combos, this becomes an instant problem, and installing a Speedohealer is easy fix.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Img_1076_speedohealer_plug.jpg

Img_2929_speedohealers_800.jpg

Img_1084_speedohealer.jpg

Img_1086_speedohealer_800.jpg

Sounds simple enough but what if you don't have a gps? If i pace it with the car, the car may be off. Might have to use a coworker with a laser radar. That should work.:whistle:

Back