Wrong way to clean chain - NWS

SAMBUSA

TATTOO'D WHITE TRASH
Donating Member
Registered
Before you open the link, there are graphic photo's. You have been warned so dont whine about it later.

That being said, I didn't know people actually cleaned a chain this way. Wow, Darwin award maybe.
Linky-NWS

ouch! i dont mind sittin down with an old tooth brush a few rags and a can of wd-40. and the key in my pocket!!!

This is sad, I have seen so many of them wtf come on people! Bike off rear wheele spins with your hand on a stand. No stand bike off walk it foward do a foot walk it foward do a foot **** I hope a few learn off of this.

Seems like there's an incident or two of this exact mistake every year that finds it way across my screen. I'd guess that means there are plenty of other instances that I never hear about. We need to look before we leap, folks.

Be smart, be thinking, be safe.

men I'm going to clean mine soon but I'm giong to put her in back stand and clean it. what else I can do?

Now he has to clean the blood off his chain, as well. :(

Wow, definitely one for the "What The Hell Was I Thinking" Award!!! I can't imagine running the bike in gear and attempting to clean the chain. On some of my other bikes I use to keep an old chain and I would unhook the master link, run the old chain in and the good chain out, then I could take my time cleaning in a bucket with kerosene and brush, then oiling it up before reversing the proceedure and reinstalling the cleaned and lubed chain.

dats nuts i just cleaned mine and i put on rear stand but i jus turn wheel slowly and use wd-40..gunk comes right off....that sux...

I like to use the 6th gear cleaning method. Or the, tow behind on a skateboard while your buddy rides your bike highspeed cleaning method. :rofl:

Sorry for the guy losing his fingers. But these people are why there's warnings on fanbelt boxes telling you to shut the engine off FIRST before changing the belt.

"now when you clip you finger nails it will take 20% less time" :rofl::rofl::rofl: Some people, he wanted no negativity so what he got is people laughhing at his expense scroll down and read some of the posts.

"now when you clip you finger nails it will take 20% less time" :rofl::rofl::rofl: Some people, he wanted no negativity so what he got is people laughhing at his expense scroll down and read some of the posts.

Saw that. I couldn't help but laugh. He's a tard

Back