Hump or seat?

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
As I am sure this is beating a dead horse, I was wondering what most of you prefer to ride with generally, the passenger seat or the hump? I have seen some humps modded to leave the grab bar on.

The hump that came with mine has some minor damage from what looks like brake fluid or something dropped on it has cause some bubbling, which is no big deal but enough of an excuse to get it repainted :) Right now it is 99 copper.

But I also like the look of the seat with grab bar.

Anyways was just wondering what cool things guys might have done with humps? I know some have been hollowed out for storage? I was thinking it would be cool to add a busa (kanji?) symbol cut out to it and have it lit up. Doing the cut would be a pain probably though. All input welcome, thanks guys.

:beerchug:

All those things have been done. Modded for storage, NOS bottles, woofers; added Kanjis or other symbols with lights. Looks good either way, but I prefer the hump when riding solo.

Hump without grab bar....looks best IMO. I put the seat on when my wife rides. "HUMPING" is always best IMO..:laugh: - oh and :welcome:

hump without grab rail, used the rear seat one time been in the closet eversince.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hump with grab rail, makes it easier to lift on the paddock stand. Rear seat not used no rear foot rest :laugh:

busa4_09.jpg

'03 is hump only, no pegs...no riders. '08 has the seat and grab bar, for cruisin' :whistle:

Hump only.
No passengers - took off the rear pegs.
I have a SW Motech rear rack for quick connect of my Givi Bag.
It works like the grab bar.
I also cut out 2 Kanjis from 3M reflective tape and put them on the rear.
I like the safety factor at night. They light up real nice.

hump.JPG

Last edited:
Hump with grab bar. I rarely have passengers, but if I do I don't like having to take the time to add the bar.

Always had the seat on mine as I like having the bar to get it on the stand for oil changes, etc. Never wanted to cut the hump so I could have it on with the grab bar, didn't like the idea of damaging it. Also I ride horses (english and racehorses), you NEVER swing your leg that high when you mount, so I would end up kicking the hump alot and probably scratching the hell out of it. My '05 hump never left its original bag and went to the new owner in pristine condition. My '08 hump has never been out of the bag either. I may do it sometime, as I rarely use the back seat other than for bags on a trip. I like the look of it with the seat, but that may just be because I am so used to it. :)

Hump only, mod'd for grab bar and 1/4 turn fasteners for storage...absolutely no passengers, solo bike only! :thumbsup:

Back