My two favorite bikes

TruWrecks

Banned
As I posted earlier in the PNW thread I wanted to sell my CBR and DR650. I miss my FJR really bad. I couldn't bare to give up my Busa to get one again, so I sold my DR650 and CBR100RR. I found a new 08 at a local dealer. I didn't get the best price on it, but I did get a fair deal. I brought it home Thursday afternoon. I have both of my favorite bikes now in my garage. :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Today I'm officially back in the FJR saddle. The Busa will be my weekend and track bike. I may use it for the occasional weekend trip. The FJR will serve commuting and long trips, or when I just feel like riding something different than the Busa. Somewhere on my way home the clutch lever must have fallen off. :whistle:

The sun came out today and I got a few pictures. Without further ado:

2008FJR.JPG

BusaFJR1.JPG

It has solenoid shifting? Damn, I thought I was stuck in one gear. :whistle:

Starting in 1st feels like a nervous rider slipping the clutch. The rest feel fine. I don't even need to back off on the throttle. I can feel a very slight hesitation on each shift. It's fun to hold it at 6-8k and paddle shift up through the gears. It fairly smooth on downshifts. The part that is weird is shifting with the foot lever. N-1-2-3-4-5 from bottom to top. The left hand has a toggle. Index finger is up, thumb is down.

The FJR doesn't have the go or cornering of the Busa, but it's really comfy and can hold it's own pretty well.

Congrats,

I was concidering this bike for a long time before I happened upon my busa. I rode a friends FJR one day and fell in love. Never see many of them on the rode in my area.

That's another nice thing about the FJR and the Busa. Neither one is very common, and their both great bikes.

:thumbsup: Looks good!! I never had the chance to ride one, but from what I hear, that is a good thing. If I ever rode one, I would just want one. :laugh:

Great bikes. I was considering and FJR a few years back, but wanted to stay with sport bikes for a while longer and just never went ahead and got one. Am thinking about getting a second bike when (if) the economy picks back up, so may have another look then.

Back