Clutch Bearing Question w/pic

Batman#1

BatBusa
Donating Member
Registered
I'm in the process of putting my motor back together and I just got to putting the clutch in and I noticed that the clutch bearing looks like it is missing one of the bearings? I have pics and arrows pointing to describe what I am talking about below. I just don't remember it missing when I pulled it apart so I want to ask b4 I go and by a new one. Or is it supposed to be like that? Thanks for your help! :beerchug:

clutch1.jpg

Clutch.jpg

clutch bearing.jpg

clutch bearing2.jpg

clutch bearing1.jpg

I might be mistaken, but I think that is the way it is suppose to be. I have seen this before on another bike (not the busa). Someone here will clarify for sure.

I don't remember mine being like that. but I may not have noticed.
From your pics it does not look like a bearing would fit in that space.
Look at it again, are those little tabs bent over so that a little bearing rod would fit?
IMO it won't hurt to have it out, unless the others are loose or it has gone somewhere inside the engine.
There is enough support with all the others, that that one won't cause a failure.
If you are worried buy another and look at it and see if it is missing.
I looked in my 3 manuals (Haynes, Clymer and OEM) and they don't show a pic that has it missing.

Let us know.
Good luck!

dont know for sure , but that slot looks slightly smaller than the rest though, may be just the camera shot :whistle:

Dude. you better get a new one and check it. I can't think of a reason for one needle bearing not being in the cage. Not in the automotive field that is. Bikes may be different and i'm sure you'll get the correct answer shortly.

that is the way it is supposed to be, to verify look at the pockets on each end of the needles. the one that is missing has the pockets that are smaller theres no way abearing could have been put in from factory, they do this to allow oil and the friction additives a way to get passed through the bearing

I have seen plenty of caged roller bearings but I have never seen a set with an extra slot and no bearings. you are missing two needle bearings.

I will take a look at the space again. I'll even get out the micrometer LOL. Thank you for all the help!

Last edited:
You're fine, there's an offset factor for proper radius and oiling going on here. Got me the first time also......:whistle:

I'm in the process of putting my motor back together and I just got to putting the clutch in and I noticed that the clutch bearing looks like it is missing one of the bearings? I have pics and arrows pointing to describe what I am talking about below. I just don't remember it missing when I pulled it apart so I want to ask b4 I go and by a new one. Or is it supposed to be like that? Thanks for your help! :beerchug:

View attachment 135576

View attachment 135577

View attachment 135578

View attachment 135579

View attachment 135580
I'm in wonder land now also- took my 2012 appart tonight for clutch and decided to pull apart and low and behold - where are they at - is it true that it was engineered this way - cause no marring or metal around - or did just drop out during manufacturing?

IMG_20231128_175425854_HDR.jpg

Back