Slime Quick Check Tire Pressure Gauge

mallardg500

Registered
Purchased Slime Quick Check (looks like below pic) at Walmart last night and thought I don't have to deal with having to remove the valve cap and take the tire pressure ever again.
With this installed, all you have to do is press on the cap and if the indicator is green you're good to go.

Today after about 60 miles ride along 101 towards San Francisco I felt the bike keeps leaning to one side and I was at the far left lane going about 90-100mph until the traffic starting to slow down then the steering started to wobble. I made an emergency stop and saw my front was almost flat. I was lucky the traffic started to congest so that I was able to slowly move to the far right to find a safer spot to stop.

I thought I hit a nail or some sort but no sign of nail whatsoever after a thorough checking - I was sweating like crazy - it was really a nice day for a ride today.... A cop stopped and started to direct the traffic away from me. He managed to give a ticket to another car while directing the traffic...

I was lucky I had few cans for CO2 under my back seat. Wasted 2 cans - enough to ride to the nearest gas station. I waited for about 20 minutes after topping up to 36PSI to make sure it didn't loose any pressure before riding home. The pressure stays. Rear tire lost some pressure as well - down to 30PSI.

I think what happened was that Slime perhaps this Quick-Check keeps pushing the valve stem down resulting in my bad riding day. I don't think I want to mess around with this kind of device again.:banghead:

Anyway, hope you guys don't have to go thru this for a $10 gadget.

41M89JTZD7L._SL500_AA166_.gif

not sure I could trust a pass/fail $10 tire gauge.. thanks for posting up the warning all the same.. glad nothing bad happened..

I have them on my wifes trailblazer, and have had no problems. They work by holding/pressing the stem down to read/allow pressure to the head part of the "guage". I think it uses a o-ring to seal, you may have not screwed it down tight enough. I have considered using them on my bike also. I hope this helps. Craft

your asking for big trouble with these gadgets. stay away from them. BAD DEAL.

I've seen valve stems pulled out when they have things screwed on them.

Back