Busa's in the Twisties...

Juggernaut

Registered
As some of you know I don't own a Busa yet. Been reading lots on this site. Sounds like many drag race. I'm hearing that the Busa is a great inline bike. But it's a "touring sportsbike". Kinda like oxymoron? Is that to say that with equal skill riders an R1 or GSXR1000 would leave a Busa. I ride with all kinds of bikes. Many guys I ride with down here have H-Ds, R6s, R1s, and GSXR1000s. We hit many curvy roads down here, it's fun. The sportsbikes leave me b/c I'm on an H-D, understood. But when I get my Busa, am I still left behind. ???

Last edited:
:bowdown:Busa's do just fine in the twisties:bowdown:

RIP brother

bikepix 022.jpg

Its the rider not the bike. I know plenty of people who can put a Busa through its paces and keep up with any other bikes. I went on a ride with a new group of people and they were shocked when I kept up with them. They were all racers and very experienced track day guys and had never seen a busa in the canyons or on the track. They all came away with a new appreciation for the bike that day. Though I doubt any of them will buy one, I know they could do way more with it than I am capable of! lol Just ask Charlesbusa, BA Busa or any of the other guys on here who own them and take them to the track or canyons, they will tell you. That pic with the 2nd post of Vman is a perfect example. This bike can do it all, you just need to work on your skills so you can keep up with it! :thumbsup: Trust me, you will love it and no one will be able to wipe the smile off your face for weeks! :laugh: Just be careful, the Busa is quite different than any HD! Be safe out there :)

Last edited:
the Busa's limits are far beyond that of most average riders...and thats just a STOCK bike.:bowdown:
add some hp, shave some weight, and things get crazy pretty quickly:thumbsup:

Busa is very capable in the twisties, I've always kept up pretty well with the group.
Be careful, big jump from a HD to a Busa. Learn the bike and build your skills before pushing too hard to keep up.

The Busa will hold it's own in the twisties. I think it feels better that other bikes in the canyons because it seems to soak up those bumps in the roads better. You'll get a little more tired from flicking the Busa back and forth, but who does'nt need to workout. After the ride, you'll be the one on a comfortable bike.

If you can master the Busa in the corners and keep up with your boys, Just imagine whats gonna happen after the twisties and you hit the straight away.

I had the same feeling a few months ago --- until I almost dragged my knee --- It can be done very easily.

I came here and found some great pix --- but I liked this one most: :thumbsup:

motivator3995963.jpg

Last edited:
Gene, I'm flattered you would post my pic and say something so nice, thank you!
And Rock.....this is not about me...many are faster, the below pics represent a Gixxer and an R-1, both behind me and stayed there for the entire sessions. Of course 21 year olds on track bikes go by me....BUT, the point is the mighty Hayabusa "rocks and rolls" with all the big boys. And, two days later, I may be leaving my driveway, all packed up for a 4 day sport touring ride! Any moto world my mighty Busa wants to dance in.....it does it very well. Gawd, I love these things! Doyle

MF1A0203.JPG

MF1A1348.JPG

I just thought of something else, alot of us have said, "I'll get em on the straights" (referring to the mighty power of the Busa).
It should be noted that quite a few literbikes have actually pulled me on a straightaway....yet our lap times may be equal.....or I may even be faster overall.....that is the true testament to the handling of the Hayabusa.
Of course I have the suspension and the tires.....but so do the others!
Doyle

I'm not the greatest rider, but this is fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Scar, I'm so looking forward to riding with you!
Doyle

Busa can outperform me by at least 70 %:laugh:

But I have seen more skilled riders smoke 1K an even the 750 through some tight twisties. I have a hard enough time just keeping the front end on the ground in a straight line.:rofl: Depending on your skill lvl should decide where you are at with your friends in the turns. As much as it sucks to be last in the twisties it's worse to try an stay up front an ride above your skill lvl an get hurt or worse one of your friends behind you gets to try an dodge you and your bike laying or laid out in the road. One thing that you will always be on your Busa is more comfortable, when we go on those 4 an 5 hr rides they are all ready to call someone to pic up them an their bikes an I am still sitting on the Busa :laugh: them an their whining an complaing about their backs and their knees....:rofl:

I might get flamed for putting this up, but...this one's fun, too! And I can handle the flaming. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Scar, I'm so looking forward to riding with you!
Doyle

It will be one of my year's highlights, Doyle! ...and we'll ride together here in San Diego and in the Sierra Nevadas!!!! Yee-hah! :beerchug:

Back