Reflectors off...now where's my nuts?

bazooki

Registered
Okay, I have bowed to peer pressure and removed the rear reflectors from the Busa. As they were held on with two phillips bolts each I can assume that there were nuts on the inside of the bodywork. How can I get these loose nuts out of the interior without removing the undertail plastics.....and if I don't get them out do they rattle around for the next five years or do they fall out on their own????

they fell down inside thr tail section. Like sessions said you may get them with a magnet. All but one of mine fell out on their own but the other one eas kinda tough to get. Good luck. Have a happy day.:cheerleader:

Look down, use a magnet or don't worry about it. One good stoppie and they're gone :whistle:

I got a couple when I first took em off. Had one nut on each side thought that I couldn't get to so I left them. I had forgotten about then till I took the tail off to install my intergrated taillight, then found them. I never heard them rattle around so it wasn't an issue for me.

1st thing I did was take them off. Found the nuts when I did the undertail, :laugh:

Hurry get them out! They are nothing but dead weight slowing your scoot down! :whistle:

Hey, you laugh but I also spend a bit of time in the bicycling roadrace community and that comment would be taken very seriously....there is no limit to how much some riders will spend on titanium bolts and cf bits in order to get their ride lightened up by a few more grams!:thumbsup:

Hey, you laugh but I also spend a bit of time in the bicycling roadrace community and that comment would be taken very seriously....there is no limit to how much some riders will spend on titanium bolts and cf bits in order to get their ride lightened up by a few more grams!:thumbsup:

I just read in the last MCN about a Hawk project in which the writer meticulously replaced almost EVERYTHING on the bike with TI stuff and such to lighten the bike up. I must admit, he dropped TONS of weight, but he also spent TONS of money.

Okay, I have bowed to peer pressure and removed the rear reflectors from the Busa. As they were held on with two phillips bolts each I can assume that there were nuts on the inside of the bodywork. How can I get these loose nuts out of the interior without removing the undertail plastics.....and if I don't get them out do they rattle around for the next five years or do they fall out on their own????

Mine fell out on their own... :whistle:

They will rattle out eventually. Or eventually you will bow to more .org peer pressure and start moding the bike and take the tail off. Either way your going to forget about them. :beerchug:

Back