question about exhaust

sweet tea man

Registered
been browsing and one thing that confuses me is the price of slip on cans as opposed to a full system. i love the look of two pipes and was looking at upgrading from the Scorpion cans that the previous owner put on the bike to the Yoshimuras. when i saw the price difference between the two, i just had to ask. do thier cans improve performance that much that they are nearly the same as a full system?
Posted via Mobile Device

No performance upgrade with cans...just looks and better sounding (more noise). If you want performance, you will have to upgrade full exhaust as it allows the bike to breathe better. Full exhaust will give you anywhere from 5 -15 hp increase depending on what you go with and how you map it. Cans do not need a power commander (electronic tuning), but full will likely need a PC.

No performance upgrade with cans...just looks and better sounding (more noise). If you want performance, you will have to upgrade full exhaust as it allows the bike to breathe better. Full exhaust will give you anywhere from 5 -15 hp increase depending on what you go with and how you map it. Cans do not need a power commander (electronic tuning), but full will likely need a PC.

Some of the systems with the Gen II only require the pipe. You need the O2 bung. Probably the ones that make lots of HP would require a PC

not really worried about the weight savings or whatnot. just wodnering why they are so near in price if there is really no performance gains.

not really worried about the weight savings or whatnot. just wodnering why they are so near in price if there is really no performance gains.

because of two cans vs. one can, those cans are the most expensive part of exhaust system.

Twice as much stuff. Two mufflers etc. A full system only has one muffler and some bent tubing. So the cost diff is an extra muffler (which could be $$$ if carbon or titanium) vs. the cost to make the headers..

Back