Need help changing the back brake pads

It's pretty straight foward. Take the caliper off the bracket. (2 bolts) Do not disconnect the brake line. Pads are pretty easy to figure out how to get off.

Since the new pads will be a little thicker than the old ones, you'll need to push the piston back in just a tad so you can slide the caliper with the new pads back over the rotor. You can actually take a big screwdriver and pry the old pads apart a bit before you remove them, or the preferred way is to use a C clamp after you remove the pads. If you want, I can walk you through it on the phone. PM me if so.

Paul

Since the new pads will be a little thicker than the old ones, you'll need to push the piston back in just a tad so you can slide the caliper with the new pads back over the rotor. You can actually take a big screwdriver and pry the old pads apart a bit before you remove them, or the preferred way is to use a C clamp after you remove the pads. If you want, I can walk you through it on the phone. PM me if so.

Paul

+1 and dont push on the brake pedal with the pads out!

Paul

I have done the one from my car back in Puerto Tico so I see is the same thing. I wil try to do it and if I get stock I will pm you.

Thx

It's pretty straight foward. Take the caliper off the bracket. (2 bolts) Do not disconnect the brake line. Pads are pretty easy to figure out how to get off.

You can change the pads without removing the caliper :thumbsup:

Remember, those twp pins have two small holes for that funky looking clip-pin to go through...... :oldcool:

Back