Rolling start

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Curiousity has me asking.

What is up with a 50 or 60mph rolling start in a race, Who is going to benefit from this, The Busa or the Car that is racing a Busa.

Get a little of both the torque of a drag race as well as get close to top end:dunno:

The bike will, your torque will smoke a car(most of them) from the rolling start, and you dont spin out as much when doing a rolling start. you also have allot more top end then a car so it just makes it that much easier to get there...

acceleration contests usually favor the lighter vehicle... "normally" a heavier vehicle will use the rolling start to an advantage... (not always but usually) it is harder to spin the tires at speed, in higher gear with a bit of heat in the rubber.. the key is putting every last pony to the ground.. (not so easy on the starting line)

note that 60' times go down with weight and the ability to utilize hp.. (our drag car pulled .850 60' times at 100mph)

Last edited:
Apparently your not the one that suggested the rolling start so if its the car that is wanting it then hes got the power and just needs the speed to keep traction. Which means if you dont get the jump on him then you run the risk of him taking you out when he slides into you at 60 mph.

i would say it benifits the car, because from a dead start the busa is going to have a large advantage because the weight difference. a rolling start eliminates that advanage...

I was thinking about the same. Cars advantage. In 1st gear on the Busa you're almost at 100mph. Car has to change atleast twice.

no but they do 80 in first. LOL:laugh: If i roll start i spin the tire at 60 in 2nd gear, But i havent got my shinko u-soft put on yet

Last edited:
Curiousity has me asking.

What is up with a 50 or 60mph rolling start in a race, Who is going to benefit from this, The Busa or the Car that is racing a Busa.

The state that collects the fines. :moon:

no..I do this all the time, the only time the car gets a jump is when the idiot on the bike is in 5th/6th gear I will be cruisin along in 3rd with a little whine in the motor then when its 1,2,3 horn blows I drop it to 2nd and stomp them quickly back up to 3rd and then 4th and its over, I'm at 160 the car is way behind me.....I dont recomend the 2nd gear quick drop to anyone running taller gears, as it may just put you on your arse! i have stock gears still...well 18/43 on my gen 1 because i like it that way(stock for gen 2)

Last edited:
Money....

yeah, but why would you agree to race his race....?

i ride a 9 second bike, why not make race my race?

i have hustled many a bike rider and car driver.....a guy does not come up and offer you a fair race. the car guy seems to think he has a shot at winning with this race. while the bike rider is asking online...

somebody is getting hustled...

Im not understanding what your getting at? Racing on the street is all about husling the other guy...

exactly, so you are either getting hustled or hustling someone...correct.

so...if a guy comes up to you and wants to run you, from a 60mph roll..what does that tell you?

he think he can beat you from a 60mph roll...right? he is not going to suggest a race cannot win.

so why race his race?

Back